Nitto NT421Q Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to look for tires for my Wife's 2012 Nissan Rogue AWD, it has approx 20,000 miles and the factory Continental 4x4 Contact tires are evenly work to 5/32. I have not been impressed with the Continental, its a 300 treadwear tire and seems a little soft. I came across the Nitto 421Q tire on the Discount Tire site and they are rated at 80,000 miles and are a great price. I dont know much about Nitto tires, The Nitto website states the tires are designed for CUV's. Does anyone have experience with this tire? Any positives or negatives would be appreciated. Prior to seeing these I was planning to go with Michelin Defender tires since I have been extremely happy with them on my Caravan.

I don't know anyting about that particular model, but we have Nitto Motivos (UHP/AS) on our 2010 Mazda 6 and really like them. They seem to be wearing very well (60k warranty) and changed the handling characteristics of the car all for the better.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Is yours AWD?
What Size?

OP states his wifes Rogue is awd. Its actually in the first sentence of the OP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Is yours AWD?
What Size?

OP states his wifes Rogue is awd. Its actually in the first sentence of the OP.

Not+_53379bb7ff6b2043ef4c9cc24076c586.png

My bad
blush.gif

The Size/Trim level would be really useful tho.
There's so many possible combinations, It's a shot in the dark w/o it

Nitto is owned by Toyo. A few Toyo Tires have modified nitto patterns. Nitto Motivo/Toyo Extensa AS, Nitto NT421Q/Toyo Celsius.

I went from Falken STZ05s to Nitto NT421Qs. 235/60/18. Dry and wet traction is good. Snow traction is good-for an all season. Tire is quiet. Looks very attractive. Guy at the White Castle drive thru said my tires looked cool.

That being said, the NT421Qs do transfer a lot of road feel into the steering wheel. Idk If you consider that a good thing or not. It's good for spirited driving, but for driving long distances on the interstate it's kind of annoying. Manageable but annoying. The tires also track road grooves more than my old falkens.

I see on the 405, during my commute home from work a billboard that says Nitto has the most likes of the tire brands on Facebook. Consequently, the billboard isn't too far from their HQ.

I've got Nitto All Terrains on the Collorado...wanted Toyo Ats, but none available (got them for wife's Captiva, though).

I am really enjoying the 20,000km I've got on them versus the 10,000km I endured that Bidgestone H/Ts.

Grip well dry and wet...little skittish on the first rain after a few months of dry, but nothing as bad as the Bridgey's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back