switched to the family plan worst mistake ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on January 28 we went to sprint and all 5 lines switched to the framily plan. My wife got the iphone 5s and I got the LG g2...3 days in my wife regretted getting the iphone because it was boring . And I was having call quality issues with the g2. But at that point we were told to come in and change some settings and see how that worked. So my wife switched to the g2 as well . The changing of the settings didn't fix anything and my wife's g2 had the same issue. So we both swapped for a new LG g2. And again same issue so we switched again to the s4 for her and the note 3 for me.
Mind you when she bought the 5s she paid sales tax for the phone and we did the easy pay option. When she switched to the g2 we paid sales tax for that phone and when she switched to the s4 we paid sales tax on that phone to. I paid sales tax for the g2 and for my note 3.
We were told the money would be electronically sent to our checking acct. Within 2 - 3 weeks well its been about 4 weeks. I've called the store which says it is customer service job. And I've called customer service and they say it's the stores job. I've talked to management on both ends and they're all stupid.
One manager with customer support made a case and was suppose to call back and never did. They owe me about 140.00. This last week I've been told it's a check that gets mailed to you to it'll be on your sprint bill and that it should be sent to my checking acct. Depending on who you talk to makes the difference in the answer you get. I'm not sure what I can do. All suggestions is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Buy some phones you like for cash and find a no contract plan.

Look at Consumer Cellular. They were rated #1 by Consumer Reports for customer service. They use AT&T cell towers.

Last edited:
I'm glad I never got a regular cell plan; been tempted but found prepaid was always good enough. My wife has been happy with Page Plus and so I often recommend it.

That said: how do you get bored with an iPhone? I have an iPad, I use it to surf the web and whatnot; but it's not exactly a toy... I can understand how people get bored with a car (I'm kinda bored with my car) but how on earth do you get bored with a phone...? If it's an iDevice I'd think you could put some games or music or books onto it.

Originally Posted By: supton
but how on earth do you get bored with a phone...?

That's what I'm wondering, too. If you get bored with the latest and greatest iPhone in just a few days, what else is there left for you to try?

I'm with Verizon. Sure, it is expensive, but I get a 20% discount on my bill. And that goes a long way in bringing the cost back in line with all of the other carriers.

And an added bonus is that I also get a phone that works in places where no one else's phone will.

Sounds like a mess. I always hated dealing with cell provider stores.

This is why I now use a prepaid phone. Unlimited data and minutes on my smartphone for $30 per month.

Getting bored with an iPhone sounds like an excuse to buy something else. I have one, and I've never once depended on it for entertainment.

Did you just switch to Sprint? Around here, they have the worst signal, and it's pretty well known.

Last edited:
Once you have had an android in your hand it's very easy. The 5s wasn't much different than her 4 was or my 5 was. Apple is over rated. They charge a premium for less than stellar performance. Imo.

Originally Posted By: heynow
Unlimited data and minutes on my smartphone for $30 per month.

Which underlying network is it using?

Originally Posted By: whip
Getting bored with an iPhone sounds like an excuse to buy something else. I have one, and I've never once depended on it for entertainment.

Did you just switch to Sprint? Around here, they have the worst signal, and it's pretty well known.

Well she didn't want to pay 30 a month for a phone that couldnt do what the phone that only cost 20 a month could do. And the battery life was terrible.

^ What does the Android do so well that the Apple doesn't?

Battery lasts about twice as long. It'll connect to our Jbl blue tooth speaker and her iphone wouldn't. We can get free music on the android and ringtones.
I phones camera isn't as good doesn't have tri band network .....it isn't as quick either must I go on?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm with Verizon. but I get a 20% discount on my bill. And that goes a long way in bringing the cost back in line with all of the other carriers.

How do you get a 20% discount? My parent's bill with them is fairly high imo.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm with Verizon. but I get a 20% discount on my bill. And that goes a long way in bringing the cost back in line with all of the other carriers.

How do you get a 20% discount? My parent's bill with them is fairly high imo.

Probably employer discount. I'm getting it too. Still expensive, though. Mobility and broadband prices are through the roof in the US, compared to many other parts of the world.

Every Android phone I have had suffers from extremely poor battery life.

The carriers seem to push more garbage to the android phones causing them to always have junk running.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Every Android phone I have had suffers from extremely poor battery life.

Same here. I like Android for tablets, but for phones every one I've used has been terrible.

Sure, you can keep making stuff up.

Hey, your title says the problem was that you switched to the family plan, but yet your ongoing rant is against a phone. So which is it?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
^ What does the Android do so well that the Apple doesn't?

Battery lasts about twice as long. It'll connect to our Jbl blue tooth speaker and her iphone wouldn't. We can get free music on the android and ringtones.
I phones camera isn't as good doesn't have tri band network .....it isn't as quick either must I go on?

All cell carriers are expensive for their contract options. The best buy out there is the pay as you go unlimited everything that several companies are offering.
If a company can charge $35-$45 per month for unlimited talk, text and data, then the major carriers can do the same. What they are charging is criminal, as are the retail prices for phones. If phones are priced high enough, it is easier for the company to get away with ridiculous rates because they are giving you the phone.
Another [censored] practice that has to stop is for subscribers to be paying the company's taxes and maintenance costs. Prepay customers don't pay any of those costs. The whole industry should be investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back