New Pennzoil Yellow or Quaker State Green VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TrevorS
Will VOA confirm GTL in QSAD or PYB?

IDK if VOA can pick up the base stock
smirk.gif

Other members here may know!

I`m thinking the pyb and qsad test wasn`t accurate and must be a hiccup. Heck,the flagship Ultra doesn`t even show numbers as good as that. But,who knows,huh.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`m thinking the pyb and qsad test wasn`t accurate and must be a hiccup. Heck,the flagship Ultra doesn`t even show numbers as good as that. But,who knows,huh.

Thats what I was thinking

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Ultra has better Noack than the PYB tested but Platinum is worse according the to SOPUS technical data sheets. This wouldn't seem logical, so either:

1) the PQIA test was flawed (but other brands tested seemed right and PYB's QSGB sister product also had low Noack)
2) SOPUS had a temporary surplus of GTL base stocks and elected to put it into PYB and QSGB
3) we really don't understand SOPUS marketing

Until SOPUS published a new technical data sheet for PYB I sure wouldn't assume the PQIA results represent what's in the bottle on the store shelves. This would be a big deal and worth publicizing; that Pennzoil isn't suggests to me this was a "one-off" that won't continue.

I dare someone to start a thread and ask Mola if he thinks if PYB has GTL, or, more pointedly, if there are other ways to come up with low NOACK besides using an expensive base stock.

You have to wonder if premium base stocks are truly expensive.

SOPUS could have it figured out with the GTL angle.

Maybe it's like the real cost of premium gasoline vs. regular.

The price you pay doesn't have anything to do with cost.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
You have to wonder if premium base stocks are truly expensive.

I still doubt it. People are falling for a huge logical fallacy here: GTL provides low NOACK numbers and is produced by Shell. PYB and QSGB have low NOACK numbers and are produced by Shell. Therefore, PYB and QSGB are using GTL.

That doesn't follow unless GTL is the only way to reduce NOACK numbers or the cheapest way to reduce NOACK numbers, and we know that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back