TITANIUM 1 0

VANADIUM 0 0

POTASSIUM 9 10

FUEL
VIS 100 8.89 9.1 - 11.3

WATER 0 0

COOLANT NO NO

TBN 0.8 >1.0

2004 Chevy Aveo 5w30 GOil no make - up. ran 7700 miles , intake boot from aif filter to engine torn, how long??? Huge mouse nest in the air box too. driven mostly highway, this was my Son -in-laws car, and I get to change the oil once a year and thats about it! I have since taken over the car .

Blackstone said

We expected some excess silicon, but that's not really the case. However, we examined the sample itself, and it did have a gritty feel. There was a lot of debris that settled to the bottom of the bottle. It's possible dirt got into the engine and it's just too big for our machine to see. The high wear could show abrasive contamination. Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 4900 miles on the oil. The TBN is very low at 0.8. Run 3,000 miles and check back on wear.

I have Mobil 1 0w30 in there now, new hose and air filter. Major abuse to such a good engine with only 93,000 miles on it. I will be taking better care of it thats for sure..

Comments welcome and encouraged !

yea as they mentioned if you have actual chunks of .... sand etc its much too big for their machine to see.

How low on oil was it at time of change? How much does it hold when full? That engine is now loving life with fresh M1 0W-30 in it....and some clean air to boot. SIL needs to visit a woodshed. All things considered, the UOA isn't terrible - a few more months may have been terminal though.

Oil was not down when changed. It holds 4 quarts. His solution to a problem is to ignore it ! Thats why I got the car for nothing, there was a horrendous noise coming from underneath the car, for months. I thought when I heard it, it was a wheel bearing or four. NOT.. Just needed two rear tires. So he bought a used subaru to replace this car, that is now in semi-retirement and getting better care than the Queen of England.

Yeah a few more months and who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back