Any UOAs on Air-Cooled Hinckley Triumph Twins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have some hard numbers to back up oil choice on a newer air-cooled Triumph twin?

Triumph spec both a 15W-50 and 10W-40, currently running Amsoil 20W-50 moto. My dealer is adamant that the 50 grade is the only way to go, but since I'm in WI and the cooler circuit has no thermostat I think a 40 would be more appropriate. Summer temps rarely get higher than the mid 80s and I ride down into the teens if the roads are good.

I've got a Harley but I've gone big bore with an S&S 106 kits,tw6-6 cams,heads milled for compression and some port work. It's got 107hp/115tq. I've got a jagg 10 row oil cooler too.
I'm using rotella 15w-40 conventional and love it.

I have to run syn for another year yet (warranty), but Rotella T or Delvac MX are looking pretty good after that.

Originally Posted By: Wampahoofus
I have to run syn for another year yet (warranty), but Rotella T or Delvac MX are looking pretty good after that.

I see.
Sunruh is the bike oil expert. I suggest asking him before making any permanent choices.

oil is cheap insurance! in my 12 bonnie after 2000 breakin i mixed amsoil 10-40 + 20-50 @ 50%, only in a little while but shifts better. i am in pa. use amsoil in everything i own!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back