Toto toilets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This toilet seems to work well every time.
smile.gif

Moko

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
Originally Posted By: nickaluch
Not a fan of big box stores.Have a kohler I bought from home depot 4 years ago and all I do is plunge the thing.

I was in the same boat. I was unclogging toilets a couple times a day. I installed a Champion Max 4 1.28gpf a couple months ago. I'm not sure its possible to clog this thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it could flush an entire roll of TP.

WOW what kind of [censored] are you guys putting in there???

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I want to import a Japanese toilet.

Why you ask?
Modern_japanese_toilet.jpg

THEY HAVE HEATED TOILET SEATS. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THIS YET!? Some even play music or white noise.

It's here buddy! You may not like the price tag! One of my best friends has owned/operated a plumbing business for many years. He is an average guy but has a few big name clients. From NY Yankees to the queen of home delight, former owner of Snapple......

He has installed a few 5k and up...even a 10k toilet once. INSANE!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: icetrucker
Not a fan of big box stores.Have a kohler I bought from home depot 4 years ago and all I do is plunge the thing.

I was in the same boat. I was unclogging toilets a couple times a day. I installed a Champion Max 4 1.28gpf a couple months ago. I'm not sure its possible to clog this thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it could flush an entire roll of TP.

Junk toilets and kids that use a weeks worth of TP in one shot don't mix well.

Tell 'em to use baby wipes, and to use the trash can for the wipes. We did that with ours, and the only clog we've had was an incident of flushing toys down the drain (and that was prior to potty training).

Toto toilets have always been my favourite. Unfortunately, here in my area, Toto Drake costs over 300bux each...jobbers pricing is around 285...still very expensive if I am to consider retrofitting all 3 of them in my house.

I ended up purchasing Foremost 1.6gal flush type (Opal): got them for around 84bux+tax each...with Map 1000g(grams) flushing power, none of them exhibits clogging yet..(unlike my Eljer 13L flush, which can't handle the mess well).

All other domestic brand names like AS Champion4, etc. are extremely expensive in my area...costs way more than what I'd like to anticipate for the sake of water conservation.

Missus hasn't requested for bidet or heater toilet seats yet so hush....

Q.

My cousin is a remodeler and told me he will only use Toto toilets due to complaints with other brands not flushing properly. He told me of a product demo at our local plumbing supply by a Toto rep - the guy put 5 Big Macs in the toilet and it flushed everything on the first flush.

I put a single piece Toto in 6 years ago and have only one (small) complaint: A flush takes about 1 second and it's straight down - no swirl action. Because of this there is less "bowl wash". They offer an optional coating that is supposed to reduce what sticks on the bowl, but I didn't get it.

Originally Posted By: Touring5

My cousin is a remodeler and told me he will only use Toto toilets due to complaints with other brands not flushing properly. He told me of a product demo at our local plumbing supply by a Toto rep - the guy put 5 Big Macs in the toilet and it flushed everything on the first flush.

I put a single piece Toto in 6 years ago and have only one (small) complaint: A flush takes about 1 second and it's straight down - no swirl action. Because of this there is less "bowl wash". They offer an optional coating that is supposed to reduce what sticks on the bowl, but I didn't get it.

Newer ones still flush in a fraction of a second, but some of them now have the vortex action that erases stains.

That is one reason I got the Mansfield Cascade. The newest Toto is even better, but it was out of the budget.

Toto toilets... They're nice, parents have a tad bit taller one, getting old does that to you!

All I can do sitting in it is hum the song "hold the line" by toto

Then, when I go to wipe, I break out into an air guitar solo and scream
"Hold the line
Love isn't always on time"

...of course you know, cherish the small things in life

Originally Posted By: Touring5
He told me of a product demo at our local plumbing supply by a Toto rep - the guy put 5 Big Macs in the toilet and it flushed everything on the first flush.

Is that the best use of a Big Mac or what! lol

I think as long as you spend good money for good design it should be good.

Stay away from one piece toilet from any brand, they are junk as not enough height to get the water pressure and speed to flush.

I don't have any direct experience with Toto toilets, but we have American Standard Champion toilets in our home-the ones they advertised with the golf balls-and we've never had to use a plunger.

The Kohler toilets in our previous home were a nightmare-#2 nearly always required a plunge and a second flush. But the American Standard Champion toilets have never given us any problems whatsoever. Our diet didn't change when we built our current home, so the problem was the poorly designed Kohlers.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
I want to import a Japanese toilet.

Why you ask?
THEY HAVE HEATED TOILET SEATS. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE THIS YET!? Some even play music or white noise.

It's just a bidet with a few extra bells and whistles. We have the bidet seat on all of our toilets, but we don't have heated seats or some of the other options you pictured. It's really quite common and I suspect they're probably even available at Amazon. They're not at all unusual here in the States.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Stay away from one piece toilet from any brand, they are junk as not enough height to get the water pressure and speed to flush.

My 1-pc Toto Ultramax II flushes just as well as my 2-pc Toto Drake II.

Another consideration: replacement parts. Some toilets use proprietary parts. I know the majority of the guts of my Totos can be replaced with common parts.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Actually, at my mom's old house, we had premium Kohler 1 piece toilets that worked extremely well while using 1.6 gallons per flush.

CR magazine rated Aqua Source from Lowes a best buy and better than Toto. I bought two at $100 apiece and had them over a year. I'm happy with both. No clogging issues and they are low flow.

toto FTW.

i bought one, then another 2, for the house years ago.
whether the other brands these days flush as well as a toto i don't know, they need to have a working model in store that you can observe flush.
if the toilet requires the water in the bowl to rise then flushes and you watch the water do a circular pattern it's junk.
they should flush immediately and straight down, which a toto does.

all you really need in the tank is a fluidmaster fill valve, they let the tank fill fast. for the one toto we use 98% of the time all i ever replaced was the fluidmaster filler and red flapper valve for $10 from home depot.

There is a recall on certain batch of Sloan flush mates, crack the china tank. Look inside and get model
# and call them.

^I know about this. Unfortunately, my pressure vessel starting leaking before they issued the recall. I had to pay $110 for the guts that I replaced myself. I did learn about the recall later and the law firm handling the class action suit still wanted me to be part of it. I wouldn't mind getting that $110 back, but I'm glad I noticed it leaking before it exploded.

The "fix" from Sloan is a big metal band clamps that goes around the pressure vessel.

https://www.flushmate.com/recall/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back