Apple and Tesla to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both companies share a lot of the same core values. I can see this being a great acquisition for Apple.

I tunes will lock everything up and need to be disabled every time you want to leave the driveway...maybe right hand blinkers will be a hidden in-app purchase.

I dont think its a good idea.
If Apple buys Tesla they would start suing all other companies making EVs. Wait, theres more they would probably make everything proprietary in their cars.

Its NOT a good idea.

Last edited:
I read it as Tesla wants Apple iOs tech in their vehicle nothing more.

Google is the powerhouse of future auto technology and licensing/sales of it. Who else has self driving cars with as much data as they have acquired.

Apple has little more than incredible software/interface but has not put any effort in future tech.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Will the Tesla be made by Chinese slave labor?

The cells may already be, battery industry is primarily in the pacific rim for LI-ion. Manufacture of packs may also be there, or was it Thailand? Integration I'm sure will stay here.

Don't sorry, plenty on here swoon over such things.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I tunes will lock everything up and need to be disabled every time you want to leave the driveway...maybe right hand blinkers will be a hidden in-app purchase.

Bitter much?

Apple needs someone like Musk and Musk could probably use Apples technology and capital to push his vision of the future forward.

It could be an interesting marriage.

Remember Musk is more than Tesla, he has Space X and SolarCity. He is also a futurist who has a vision of what the 21st century should look like, very interesting person. A lot like the industrial titans of 100 years ago in many ways.

Maybe Apple plans on one upping Google and wants to go to space.

Last edited:
Cell phones and iPads are a nickel and dime business compared to the future of electric vehicles.

The better combination would be an acquisition of Apple by Mr. Musk. He has the vision thing. Mr. Jobs had the vision thing.

Apple will be irrelevant again, and soon, now that Mr. Jobs is gone for good.

They're already made with US slave labor.

I worked with an engineer that left us for Tesla. He lasted a little more than a year there. He told me during the interview process that some of his future co-workers told him to bring a cot and sleeping bag with him on his first day.

He thought they were joking.

Originally Posted By: Win
Cell phones and iPads are a nickel and dime business compared to the future of electric vehicles.

The better combination would be an acquisition of Apple by Mr. Musk. He has the vision thing. Mr. Jobs had the vision thing.

Apple will be irrelevant again, and soon, now that Mr. Jobs is gone for good.

Its not a bad idea, Apple is badly in need of a strong leader to steer it into the future.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Apple and MS need to stay as far away from vehicles as is possible.

Isn't MS already in Fords?

Apple getting into the car manufacturing business? This is a VERY slippery slope! If Steve Jobs were still alive, IMHO he would not approve.

No it's not slave labor anymore...you can't assemble an iphone with handcuffs on.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back