MOHU LEAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a Mohu Leaf antenna. Anybody here using one? They get real good reviews on Amazon with over 4 stars with nealy 5000 reviews. I have a clearstream that I mounted outside right now and it`s doing quite well , it`s only at about 6 ft. on a pole near the house. I also have the same antenna on an upstairs bedroom. the Mohu Leaf is an indoor only that is very thin and and mounts easy. With the Mohu Leaf I can eliminate a long cable run.

I bought one recently!

Didn't pull as many channels as they claimed... Still playing...

I've got 2!!

Love 'em. Nice long range.
thumbsup2.gif

Have the amplified one on one of the TVs in a spare room and get lots of channels - works well.
Was considering one of the Clear Stream models, but like the size/flatness of the leaf - besides the spare room is for those visitors stay overs.
All the other TVs are on Direct.

my clearstream 2v antenna is mounted on a wood beam in my attic connected to an amplifer. I then hooked into the cable coax line for my entire house. so all my tvs upstairs and downstairs get OTA antenna feed through the cable wall jacks. I felt this was better than buying a wall mounted antenna in four different rooms.

I have direct tv also but also have that tv on an antenna. I watch mostly antenna tv but would miss my satellite for some sports and a few of my favorite shows. The Mohu Leaf I ordered is mainly because I`d like to get my antenna inside. I`m only about 5-6 miles from the towers located in South Bend, Indiana.

^ 5-6 miles from the towers should be an easy pickup, especially with the Mohu Leaf - and might get additional channels depending on your area. A simple dipole should hit it.
In a pinch, I've made the coat hanger wire antenna and the small Factual antenna with good success, but had to get & try the Mohu Ultimate Leaf because the wife says the DIY antenna's didn't look as nice in the spare room - like I cared.

Update : The Mohu Leaf came in today and I have it installed.Very pleased with this antenna. In my location 21 channels are maximum unless you get a long range antenna. My previous antenna mounted outside on a pole above my Direct TV dish is a Clearsteam 1. Both antennas get the same channels as expected, but the Mohu Leaf is pulling a stronger signal on the TV's signal meter. 2 channels were the same all others the Mohu had between 9-31 % better signal, with the greatest advantage was my PBS stations went from 69% to 100% signal reading. I mounted the Mohu on the 1st level of my home about 5 inches from the ceiling in that room. The Clearstream 1 I have outside as said previous.As the many reviews I read they don`t look like muchand less conspicuous than most any other indoor antenna , but they just plain work.

^ A strange thing with mine is I need it about 2 or so feet down away from the ceiling. Must be something up there messing with it.
It works well as you know - I'd like to place it right on a corner of a window, but I get what I expected right where I have it, and it's fairly covered with a shelf of odds/ends.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
how far are you from the stations?

We are 5-6 miles from those towers south of South bend , Indiana. The next local towers are quite a distance away. While with an amplified antenna I may get an extra channel maybe? an amplified may overpower my locals and make it worse. At one time I had a large antenna on the roof trying to pick up Chicago stations without much luck.At that time though my neighbor had a huge elm tree right between me and the west Chicago location.The South Bend stations are more south. The amplifier helped little for Chicago and over amplified my South Bend towers.The Clearstream 1 I was using is a good antennaand I have one still on my upstairs tv, but in my case the Mohu Leaf receive stronger signals on most every channel. Jim

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
this maybe a good solution for my dad and fed up with comcast escalating tv bills. he lives in an apartment, so an outdoor antenna isn't for him

amazon sells a copy of the mohu leaf, under their amazon basics brand. mohu makes this?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ultra-Thin-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B00DIFIM36/ref=pd_cp_e_0

I saw that Amazon antenna also when I was searching . I like that it looks almost the same as the Mohu Leaf at about $15 dollars less and also like the leaf it is American made. I went with the leaf mainly because it had nearly 5000 reviews with an average of 4plus rating. It would be interesting to see them compared side by side hooked up and signal strength meter ratings for all the channels.They may compare favorably, I don`t know. For peace of mind I went with the one that had the reputation. Jim

WE have 2 Mohu Leaf Ultimates, and 1 mohu sky. I hope you used a discount code when you bought it. There are a few different ones out there. The leafs are great, we just are waiting for spring to put the sky on the roof.
With the leaf ultimate we get towers that are well over the 50 mile range. Their estimate on range is conservative from our experience with them. But they make a great product. But when it comes to finding the perfect spot; it takes a lot of trial and error.

Last edited:
I did find a discount code for 10% off and used it ordering direct from Mohu.

Just FYI, was at Fry's Electronics and they have refurbished Mohu antenna's. The basic Leaf for $19.99 (or .95).
I couldn't pass up another (have the amp Leaf)for that price - works well and is cheaper than new - looks like new to me, cheap, works, that's good enough for me.

Didn't want to bring up an older thread, but wanted to pass on a deal. They also have the Mohu's with amplifier should one desire, both new and refurb also. Several in stock, maybe other Fry's have/do the same.

Fry's is always a problem - go in for one thing, leave with several things = usually a few hundred more spent than planned. Never claimed I was good at planning. Then plans really hit the hole when I let the wife tag along = more $$

Wish we had a Frys around here . I stopped at one down around Indianapolis a while back. Man, what a great selection to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back