Cheapest place for Baldwin filters???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Bill.

I just called www.westfleet.com (very helpful peoplpe, by the way!) and they quoted me a price of $4.39 per filter. They said it would cost roughly $15-$20 to ship twenty-five filter to Houston, so that's not too bad.

For 25 filters:

$140.54 including shipping from www.adiesel.com
$129.75 including($20 estimated) shipping from www.westfleet.com

Any others???

How large of an order do you need to work with westfleet? I looked at their page, seemed aimed at fleet owners. Will they sell to someone that wants 6 of one type, 6 of another, etc?

Try your local tractor store, both the New Holland and John Deere dealers near me sell Baldwin filters at prices similar to Wix and other mid-ranged priced filters.

offtopic.gif

I got my Baldwin AIR firlter from adiesel, too. they were the cheapest at the time.

a Question: I also use the MC FL820-s oil filter on my T-bird. Why prefer Baldwin over MC? I thought the MC was one of the best out there...

Are there any advantages of Baldwin compared to Motorcraft oil filters?

thanks.

There's a local parts store that stocks Hastings filters, I believe they are the same thing. Priced about the same as Wix/NAPA Gold, so I just buy wherever I happen to be.

For anyone local, that's Neil's Auto Parts in Riverdale, MD (near College Park.) Great store BTW, they've always been helpful even with my oddball cars.

nate

quote:

Originally posted by turnipgreen:
How large of an order do you need to work with westfleet? I looked at their page, seemed aimed at fleet owners. Will they sell to someone that wants 6 of one type, 6 of another, etc?

I've bought small quantities of several different Baldwin part numbers from Westfleet and they have always been very reposnsive. I've also sent them an email "request for quote" with a list of various Baldwin part numbers. Once I get their repsonse I decide what I want and call in the order.

smile.gif

Wow 5.39 each, and thats with a 12 filter order.

I pay 2.99 for a motorcraft 820s at walmart, or 3.50 at a parts store, is the baldwin really that much better?

Its funny because when I bought my 98 4.6 truck, it had a hastings oil change sticker on the window and a baldwin filter in it.

Thats a good sign.

Yes, I've searched. This is for the Baldwin B329, which is the counterpart to Motorcraft FL820S for the modular V8s.

So far, I've found a pretty good price on them at www.adiesel.com (thanks to a previous post), but I was wondering if anyone else has a better mail-order source? What about brick and mortar shops? I live in Houston, Texas, and I haven't seen them anywhere around here.

www.adiesel.com has them for $5.17 (when buying a 12-pack), and $5.49 (when buying a 6-pack).

Any others?

Also try www.westfleet.com ... They have the lowest prices I have found (lower than adiesel for the Baldwin PN's I buy). However, they do not have online ordering ... you have to call their 800 number....they also charge actual shipping (no handling).

smile.gif

Just a comment, I looked on the Baldwin web site for my closest dealer, which happened to be a Fleetpride store. They were either the same or cheaper on all the filters I wanted than the adiesel site.

I'm going to try one out on my truck and see if I like them before I switch on anything else.

Ron

quote:

Originally posted by JustinH:
I pay 2.99 for a motorcraft 820s at walmart, or 3.50 at a parts store, is the baldwin really that much better?

Yeah, I hear you, Justin.

I've been using good ol' $3 Motorcrafts for a LONG time and I've really had no specific reason to change. Yet, the Baldwins have my eye because they're not *that* much more expensive and they seem to have it all - good filtration, good flow, and excellent build quality.

I'll probably stick with the Motorcrafts, but I wanted to find the cheapest source for Baldwins so I could make a fair comparison. If, for instance, I could find Baldwins for $4 apiece, I might jump ship and go with them.
smile.gif

I finally heard back from westfleet, and they were significantly lower than both adiesel and local, $20 or more (77 + 9 shipping at westfleet vs 97 + 7 shipping at adiesel vs 95 + 7 tax locally).

Wow, I just ran into a Baldwin dealer who said he would discount the filters down to $2-$3 for me. I guess that is a good deal?
dunno.gif
I have always used OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back