LEDs for reverse lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's a LED #921 bulb don't assume it will be better than the OEM bulb. On my car because the lights on the circumference of the CREE type LED bulb weren't at the best focal point of the reflector the bulb was way dimmer than the filament OEM bulb.

LEDs I have are great for reverse, v-leds have the best I have used. If you have a clear reverse lens I suggest an led bulb with a cree (or equivalent) led projector. They are bright and have great spread.

the problem with the HID reverse lights, is by the time the ballast gets them going good your out of reverse and moving forward, rarely will they hit peak brightness they will always be at startup

If you don't mind the cost, Candlepower sells halogen reverse bulbs. In general, those guys know their stuff well when it comes to vehicle lighting.

Thanks for the lead, gave them a call today as it looks like they have a nice reverse light upgrade (http://store.candlepower.com/reli.html). Ufortuantely the bulb they sell will not fit my car (need a 921)...any other suggestions?

The more I look at the LED's the more I think a halogen bulb might be a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back