Michelin Wiper Blades from Walmart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plugged in Michelin Wiper blades on Amazon to see the reviews. They seem to be ok(not great). I'll see if this link works:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Daps&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1392171524956#/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12/177-2343947-0408665?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=michelin%20wiper%20blades&sprefix=michelin+wip%2Caps%2C193&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amichelin%20wiper%20blades

Last edited:
Mine would chatter and skip from day one. And yes my windshield was clean, and the blades were clean.

Switched to Rain X a few months ago, haven't had any problems.

I had the same experience as stranger706. I've tried the Michelin blades twice. Both times I was sorry. The ANCO/SuperTech blades are much better.

Ed

Several years ago I tried a set from Walmart and they were teriffic. Eventually, replaced them with a second set and they were absolutely terrible. Haven't used them again.

The cheaper ones are no good. They chatter and squeak. The Stealth ones are good.

Last edited:
Michelin tires are awesome. Their blades which really the old Pylon brand with the name licensed from Michelin are cheaply made. Bosch Excel+ or Icon is my favorite these days since the Trico Exact Fit have cheapened up as well.

I bought a pair of the Michelins about 2 weeks ago and they've already turned to c r a p. I wish they'd get the Ancos back...why did they stop selling them anyway?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tones
The cheaper ones are no good. They chatter and squeak. The Stealth ones are good.

I agree, if you can get the Stealth ones with a rebate or on sale they are decent for the money.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
I use Supertech wipers from Walmart. There only 5 bucks a piece & they seem to work okay. I change them every 6 months.

Me too, but mine chatter in cold weather, below 32F.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I bought a pair of the Michelins about 2 weeks ago and they've already turned to c r a p. I wish they'd get the Ancos back...why did they stop selling them anyway?

Supertech blades are the Anco 31s

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Are they any good ? $6.97 was the price.

It could certainly vary vehicle-to-vehicle, but in my experience, they're absolutely atrocious (ridiculous chatter). Walmart also carries the Bosch Steel Tech, which is the same price and far superb (smooth, quiet wipe).

I don't understand why companies are willing to besmirch their brand by putting their name on garbage like these wiper blades...Michelin is synonymous with quality...but I guess not when it comes to wiper blades...that seems to be the thing these days, companies with a rep of producing premium products allowing their name to be used on junk just so it will sell...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TrevorS
Originally Posted By: grampi

Supertech blades are the Anco 31s

I'll guess I'll have to go back to those then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back