Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50 vs Amsoil 20w50 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting agrivatted reading conflicting stories/forums. Here's the deal I run a 08 Buell ulysses xb12x bike its a 1203 thunder store v-twin air cooled. I have been running M1VT 20w50 and have some here but i can also return it if i want. I am seeing on ebay there is a M1VT supersyn its called. I'm getting conflivting info on it. My carquest says the super syn 20w50 is the same as the reg M1VT oil its just a newer style and re-labled bottle. I don't believe it, now I was hoping somebody would have a oil test of the m!VT vs ams oil both in 20w50 weigh break down to show which is better. If somebody can chime in and tell me if mobil 1 v-twin and the m1vt supersyn are the same i would appreciate the truth. I came here as this is a well known oil forum
smile.gif
. I'm new here so just wanna know the truth.
thanks
craig
us army

Originally Posted By: fonecord2
M1 VT is a very stout oil as is the AMS. You're splitting hairs at this point. IMO

Thats why I want to know about the M1VT super syn. People all over on forums say mobile 1 was last on tests but i find it 3rd/4th. But there not relating to the 20w50 but 0w40 [censored]. None of my stuff runs that water lol If supersyn is real i want to run it. But won't pay extra for the same stuff i have in just a new bottle

Have you seen the Amsoil Motorcycle test? Also, some people run 40 grade in Harley Motors for less drag.

Have you seen the Amsoil Motorcycle test? Also, some people run 40 grade in Harley Motors for less drag.

No I haven't seen it as I can't seem to find it. I'm a mechanic but don't know how to read oil sample numbers. Hoping somebody would know if supersyn is way better than the traditional m1vt oil.

I use Valvoline VR1. It's returns impressive uoa's. And you can catch it on sale. I bought the synthetic BOGO @ $4.50/qt. Also, the M1 VT Thickens over time in the uoa's I've read.

I use Valvoline VR1. It's returns impressive uoa's. And you can catch it on sale. I bought the synthetic BOGO @ $4.50/qt. Also, the M1 VT Thickens over time in the uoa's I've read.

Not sure if your liquid cooled or not, but the buell has alot of high temps in the back cylinder so want to stay with 20w50. I use 20w50 in both my engine oil and primary. So is the fact that it thickens over time a good thing or a bad thing?

The Exxon-Mobil website doesn't show a new PDS, so I suspect it is the same. What you have is a top of the line product, even if something newer has been released.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
The Exxon-Mobil website doesn't show a new PDS, so I suspect it is the same. What you have is a top of the line product, even if something newer has been released.

I know its not on the site, so that concerns me too. lol. Maybe I can contact mobil if there's a actual contact number?

I contacted Mobil/Exxon today and they admitted that it is a sales ploy to me straight up and that the oil is exactly the same nothing is changed.
frown.gif
Are they really that desperate?

^^ No it isn't desperation, it's just marketing.

Refreshing packaging, boxes, containers and labels can redraw attention to your product. Especially if people are used to seeing your old packaging on a shelf, your product may fall into the rest of the back ground noise on the shelf and fail to stand out enough to get them to pick it up and look at it.

That simple packaging change worked on you....

Originally Posted By: flstffxe
^^ No it isn't desperation, it's just marketing.

Refreshing packaging, boxes, containers and labels can redraw attention to your product. Especially if people are used to seeing your old packaging on a shelf, your product may fall into the rest of the back ground noise on the shelf and fail to stand out enough to get them to pick it up and look at it.

That simple packaging change worked on you....

It didn't "work on me". I just looked into it, it drew my attention, but i still ordered what i was running already.

just a marketing refresh..

the important thing is its MOBIL 1

that's different than MOBIL SUPER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back