Substitute for Motorcraft Gold & Green Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CDX825
I would use peak global lifetime in both and call it a day.

I'm not a fan of G-05. Every Ford Ive seen factory filled with G-05 has had major amounts of silicate drop out in the degas bottle.

As long as it doesn't drop out in the radiator, you're good to go.

I've found G-05 to be bullet-proof.

Originally Posted By: CDX825
I would use peak global lifetime in both and call it a day.

I'm not a fan of G-05. Every Ford Ive seen factory filled with G-05 has had major amounts of silicate drop out in the degas bottle.

Silicate solid drop out can be an issue and why those AF's using them now try to do so in a low silicate formula. The Asian AF's avoid silicates completely, their reasoning is that silicates over time can damage water pump seals. And now no silicate OAT's make up greatest portion of US auto makers oem AF's. But for the OP, one of his vehicle's specs G-05 so no issue with that vehicle. The Mazda with a complete full strength G-05 exchange and a somewhat shorter interval should be fine.

That said I agree with you, a full strength Peak Global Lifetime complete exchange would be a solid choice where one AF was desired for both vehicles.

Yes , distilled water flush and fill back up with distilled water will keep your system looking brand new forever. Every other year flushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back