New pennzoil platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently saw the new labels on 5W30 at my WM... and had to snap a quick pic... the 10w30 and 5w20 on either side of this were the old label (as was the 0w20)

DSC_0347.JPG

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is it made ENTIRELY from natural gas ?

Well if its using all GTL, then yes.

Now my question is - is GTL based Platinum better than current Ultra?

My huge stash of Ultra needs to know
smile.gif

Thanks for the pic! Otherwise would have never known!

Another marketing failure by Pennzoil. Has anyone else heard anything about this oil? What is their deal?

Most people in the real world still don't know what Pennzoil Ultra is. Meanwhile every Tom, **** and Harry know about M1 AFE, M1 regular, and every M1 flavor ever produced. Not to mention how much easier it is to locate and buy any M1 you want.

Interesting they got Dexos approval on it.

So this seems to be the NEW Platinum, not I think a Platinum Plus that replaces Ultra.

And the rebranding would suggest that the ENTIRE line up of Pennzoil oils will be refreshed.

Of course, the website hasn't been updated and the "Pennzoil Team" posted on this forum that there would be something new in Spring, so yes it looks like the marketing is pretty poor still.

I'd say they are taking a risk with the Natural Gas statement. No doubt it will put some people off. That's why I think they got dexos approval and made that more prominent.

It seems they want to differentiate against the competition but aren't absolutely confident that the natural gas statement will go down well.

Originally Posted By: volk06

Does that mean there was no crude oil involved in making it?

Originally Posted By: volk06

Does that mean there was no crude oil involved in making it?

If so, does this mean that fossil fuels/oils are coming to an end?

PhillyJoe,

Just saw the new Pennzoil Platinum here in Tucson at WM. It's priced at $25.17 for the five quart jug.

It's the same price as Castro Syntec and the Mobil 1 varieties (excluding EP).

Interestingly, QSUD, which I'm guessing, using PQIA analysis to compare, also has some GTL in it, is $21.97.

Now, if we can figure out if the new PP is the old ultra formulation, and will Ultra, not that my WMs have carried it in over a year, be phased out.

And has the new PP formulation, regarding VI and HTHS remained the same? Or is it now like the slightly thicker Ultra formulation with more Boron?

Sounds like a VOA is in order.

Gary

Originally Posted By: Tucson Five-O
Just saw the new Pennzoil Platinum here in Tucson at WM. It's priced at $25.17 for the five quart jug.Gary

Did you notice if the container was stamped with a WM store logo?

BlueOvalFitter,

I did not. But I am running over to another WM in a few to pickup some dog treats
smile.gif
. I will check.

I mean, didn't we BITOGERS, swear an oath to never bypass the oil aisle? Lol

Gary

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

From the internet surfing I've done, there's plenty of natural gas in the U.S. to run our cars on -- just not enough filling stations around for people to drive to.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

From the internet surfing I've done, there's plenty of natural gas in the U.S. to run our cars on -- just not enough filling stations around for people to drive to.

Theres a really big GTL plant coming up in Australia where diesel is going to be made from natural gas.

Originally Posted By: jamesyarbrough

Theres a really big GTL plant coming up in Australia where diesel is going to be made from natural gas.

I wish they'd switch the fleet over to CNG because CNG burns cleaner and the engines are quieter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back