What maintenance/ repairs do you have planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are heading to florida at the end of march for spring break. Before making the 2,200 mile round trip I am going to be doing some stuff to the 2004. We are heading to vegas for a friends wedding at the end of the year too and that will be a 5k round trip with all the extra stops. So for piece of mind...

Radiator Hoses
Thermostat
Water pump
Serp Belt
Idler pulley
Tensioner Pulley
Trans fluid/filter
Rear diff fluid (probably change out the pinion seal while I'm there)
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Pcv valve
Air filter

How about you guys, any projects planned?

The F150
new rotors pads and wheel bearings all the way around
new tires to replace the ones damaged by bad wheel bearings
new sway bar end links
air and fuel filters
atf fluid and filter
Fuel system cleaner

The Explorer
Check engine light came on yesterday so some random senser
Plastic thermostat housing number two
air and fuel filters
fuel system cleaner

Wiper blades, air filter, crank sensor, and M1 0w-40
grin.gif
(the latter is my fav)

Hearing exam.
Vision exam.
Prostate exam.

Hopefully, no repairs to be scheduled.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Hearing exam.
Vision exam.
Prostate exam.

Be sure to have a drink before the prostate exam.
lol.gif

Trans fluid drain and fill, differential fluid drain and fill, new valve cover gasket, and a thorough engine compartment cleaning. Also need to diagnose a power steering leak, but I suspect that means a new rack.
Today was in the 40s, and it was hard to resist jumping into one of the above, but I managed. Tomorrow's going to be a little warmer, though - we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
We are heading to florida at the end of march for spring break. Before making the 2,200 mile round trip I am going to be doing some stuff to the 2004. We are heading to vegas for a friends wedding at the end of the year too and that will be a 5k round trip with all the extra stops. So for piece of mind...

Radiator Hoses
Thermostat
Water pump
Serp Belt
Idler pulley
Tensioner Pulley
Trans fluid/filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Pcv valve
Air filter

What makes you think that any of these need to be done?

Stupid original water neck that won't stop leaking. It seems to have a porous casting at the top where the hose connects. When I start it below 40*F or so coolant runs down from the hose. It seals up completely when warm. The hose is in good shape, I know the water neck is pitted there though. The cooling system has no corrosion in it, but the water neck has always been pitted there and seems to have gotten worse over the years.

I have a new Motorcraft water neck and a very thick Felpro PermaDryPlus composite/silicone gasket, I have just been putting it off because it has been cold outside and I'm being lazy about it.

Other than that no plans except normal maintenance. Front brakes are probably the next thing after the water neck, but that's 15,000+ miles away.

02 Silverado:
Knock sensors, intake manifold gaskets, O2 sensors waiting for either to throw a code.

01 Toyota Tundra:
Upper ball joints, control arm bushings. Rack and pinion was diagnosed having play with bad right inner tie rod but I'll wait until it starts leaking fluid.

04 Lexus LS430:
Transmission filter/flush (having a shop buddy use his exchange machine for this), clean power steering fluid reservoir filter and flush with Dexron 6. Timing belt service almost due, and tires.

Nothing mechanical, just body repair.
Just had to have cab corners put on the Ranger. Rest of the truck is spotless.
Thinking of having the truck Krowned in the spring.

91 Pathfinder 230K miles

*Install new front brake rotors and pads
* repack wheel bearings
*replace front CV joint Boot
* replace exhaust y pipe

Not looking forward to any of those but must be done.

2002 Ford Expedition:
- New rad (it is weeping in the top right corner)
- Replace ABS module (it died)
- Replace P/S fluid with AMSOIL ATF (again)

2001 BMW M5:
- Replace wipers
- Oil change
- Replace centre driveshaft support/bearing (it is vibrating and the guibo looks mint)

Hearing exam.
Vision exam.
Prostate exam.

Gonna doityourself?
lol.gif

Taurus:
Oil pan gasket
Coolant recovery tank
PVC and grommet
OCI (current oci has 11k)

F150:
OCI

Focus:
OCI
Leaking valve cover again (warranty item)

Nothing really planned other than changing the gear oil in the differential on my Dakota, I have a couple quarts of Valvoline 75W90 sitting on my bench waiting for me find the time to get the job done...

I am keeping a hopeful/watchful eye on the Intake Air Temperature Sensor on my truck. The last couple weeks I have been trying to isolate the cause of a wonky idle/stall and die problem. It only happens in the morning when the truck is dead cold and the temperature is cool outside. If I goose the throttle it will stay running. If I hold the throttle at about 1200-1500 RPM for about 30 seconds then let off the throttle the truck will then idle normally. I tried a few things but they did not fix it. I checked the IAT last night and it was about 200 ohms out of spec on a hot idle. So I replaced the IAT last night and let the truck sit overnight, started it this morning and the idle was much better. It did drop down to about 500 when first started but it came right back up instantly to about 900 and then slowly dropped back to about 700 which is normal idle RPM.

I am watching the IAT to see if it really fixed the problem. The idle was better today than it has been all this week but it was also about 20 degrees warmer this morning too so I am not sure yet. Truck idled and ran fine tonight going out for dinner and a trip to the grocery store with my wife so I am taking that as a good sign.....

Originally Posted By: 05ChevyI5
Hearing exam.
Vision exam.
Prostate exam.

Gonna doityourself?
lol.gif

+1 that was my first thought......
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40

Radiator Hoses
Thermostat
Water pump
Serp Belt
Idler pulley
Tensioner Pulley
Trans fluid/filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
Pcv valve
Air filter

What makes you think that any of these need to be done?

+1
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

On my Renault Clio

Front brakes and brake fluid next week

Timing belt by March or April because I still need to get myself an engine hoist.

And windshield wipers as soon as it starts raining again.

I have been keeping up on my repairs this year. I got a new EGR valve for the truck but have not put it on yet; it should take a whole 10 minutes.

Replace blown rear door speaker.
Replace burned out dash lights.
New pads and rotors all around, flush brake fluid.
Continue the losing battle with rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back