An In-Depth Look at NAPA's Adaptive One Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DeeAgeaux
Originally Posted By: Canawler
Originally Posted By: DeeAgeaux
Anybody else try these yet?

I've got a set on the Xterra but they probably only have 500 miles on them so far (if that.) I'm happy with them so far.
No noise and they stop the same as the stockers.

Dust?

Can't really comment on that as the wheels were dirty when I did the brake job and have not been cleaned off since.
It's on the list of things to do.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: thinshavings
"made in china"........they can keep 'em

Most of the Adaptive One pads I've seen said made in canada. We were installed quite a few of them. Being made in Canada, I always figured they were probably made by Satisfied? I've only seen a couple of China boxes. However, if you look at many new "OEM" parts, quite a few are made in China also.

the Critic, does your Saturn have the same 1-piston calipers on the front as mine do?

I was in awe when I changed my pads and rotors cuz I always assumed there must be at least 2 piston (one on each side) to control the rotor. Even after looking at what I was doing I still dont see how one piston can control both sides.

The old pads that were on there were totally different. Either the inner or outer was twice as worn as the other. Im thinking there may be a way to switch pads on either side and double the life span.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
the Critic, does your Saturn have the same 1-piston calipers on the front as mine do?

I was in awe when I changed my pads and rotors cuz I always assumed there must be at least 2 piston (one on each side) to control the rotor. Even after looking at what I was doing I still dont see how one piston can control both sides.

The old pads that were on there were totally different. Either the inner or outer was twice as worn as the other. Im thinking there may be a way to switch pads on either side and double the life span.

When the piston pushes the bad against the rotor, it also pulls the caliper on the slides which puts pressure on the outside pad. So basically the piston pushes the inner pad, and at the same time pulls the outer pad into the rotor.

For anyone interested, I think the origin of your pads depends on the application. I just installed a set of these pads today AD-7741 and they are in fact made in Canada which is domestic enough for me. Good pads. Had great results with them

Thanks Critic for the great pictures. From the pictures, it appears the outer ones are ceramic and inner semi-metallic?
That would explain the "hybrid" designation.

I'm intrigued, as I find OEM brakes not griping enough to my liking in RAV4. Maybe the semi-metallic component will help with that. On the other hand, full semi-metallic set will be too messy on allow wheels.

5 year old thread! Critic may not be paying attention anymore.

These are wonderful pads, among the best I have ever used for smoothness, quietness, and long life even in heavy duty applications.

Note that they are NOT the same materials depending on your application...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
5 year old thread! Critic may not be paying attention anymore.

These are wonderful pads, among the best I have ever used for smoothness, quietness, and long life even in heavy duty applications.

Note that they are NOT the same materials depending on your application...

I know, it's old. It's the best one, I searched. Critic will notice, he is a smart fella. If not, I'll open a new thread.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Thanks Critic for the great pictures. From the pictures, it appears the outer ones are ceramic and inner semi-metallic?
That would explain the "hybrid" designation.

I'm intrigued, as I find OEM brakes not griping enough to my liking in RAV4. Maybe the semi-metallic component will help with that. On the other hand, full semi-metallic set will be too messy on allow wheels.

Wow, old thread!

The inner pads were of a different material than the outer pads. At least that is what the advertisements said. I presume the inners were semi-met, but I cannot confirm.

^^^Unless you order the exact same part number these pads vary hugely by application.

I will repeat, after installing around ten to fifteen sets across trucks, vans, and daily drivers cars these are some of the finest pads on the market. They are smooth, and they last a LOOONNG time.

Of course there are many cheaper, and it's always hard to beat the OEM if you liked the pads your car came with.

But as I always say, brake pads are like ice cream, over a million flavors to choose from...

Has anything changed with these NAPA Adaptive One pads? I'm going to try them out on new NAPA Ultra Premium Rotors on my Volvo XC70. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back