Does Sorento SUV benefit from 5W30 instead of 10W3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sorento SUV benefit from 5W30 instead of 10W30?

The user manual recommends 5W30.
Why would 5W30 be better than 10W30.

I have a 2012 KIA Sorento and run 5W20 in it year around and we experience long hot Summers here being just a few miles from the Florida state line.

The oil filler cap on the engine recommends 5W20 oil on mine. I use Quaker State Ultimate Durability Synthetic Oil

We have a 2012 Sedona with the 3.5 and it is not especially noisy on start up, although it is even quieter when warmed up. The QSGB that was in it when we bought it has been the noisiest oil we've had in it and I didn't think that was very noisy either.

Running Ultra 5w20 right now. The quietest of all I've run in it was Edge Ti gold bottle, will be going back to that when the SOPUS syns I got on sale are gone.

Did one UOA not real impressed with the 5w20's wear numbers although the oil held up extremely well. Will be moving up to 5w30 next time I purchase oil for it and UOA again to have a look.

i had a few people come to my shop with new hyundai and kia 3.5 v6 and most had a knocking sound at start up including mine. some even had an oil light that stayed on for a couple of seconds when hot. I personally like my 2011 its noisy at start up but runs nice

Been running Amsoil Signature Series 0W-30 in my 2005 Sorento since new. Great protection and enhanced mpg. Engine is very clean inside and runs like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back