LiquiMoly FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
First few hundred miles with LiquiMoly and can report that the engine(95 Ford F150 5.8L) is measurably smoother, namely at startup. Those first 60 seconds were high and rough revs, but no more. 3%-5% increase in fuel economy, which, for this engine, equates to an additional 6-10mi per tank. Added a half can(150ml) to my recent OCI(6qt 5w30 NextGen semisyn). Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Yes, It is good stuff, I have used it in my vehicles, Right now running XADO 5w-30 in the Hyundai. Great results with XADO but not worth the cost IMHO, The price really went up since last year. LM MoS2 is very cost effective and easily available at most NAPA.

We manually mix their Ceratec in a glass container with M1 10W-40 High Mileage and it stayed mixed well as it is in the engine after about 12 hours of run time.

I am new to the Liqui Moly line up of projects but so far they seem a cut above. Some companies selling the hexagonal boron nitride additive are so over the top with their marketing. I like Liqui Moly's more technical approach.

Lubro Moly was used before the name change to Liqui Moly. Look for a layer of dust on Lubro Moly if it is setting on a shelf. Picked up some cans at NAPA for $5.49 after salesman looked it up as going into stock back in 2012. If it has a half life of a million years it should still be good. It poured fine and actually made the old engine make a bit less noisy. It was my first ever use. Currently testing some Liqui Moly Ceratec. Sounds like a non snake oil company the best I can read and from seeing two of their products.

Liqui Moly was and still is the original name for the German company that makes it.
They (IIRC the company who imported it) marketed it under the name Lubro Moly in the US, same company same products.

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
Lubro Moly was used before the name change to Liqui Moly. Look for a layer of dust on Lubro Moly if it is setting on a shelf. Picked up some cans at NAPA for $5.49 after salesman looked it up as going into stock back in 2012. If it has a half life of a million years it should still be good. It poured fine and actually made the old engine make a bit less noisy. It was my first ever use. Currently testing some Liqui Moly Ceratec. Sounds like a non snake oil company the best I can read and from seeing two of their products.

Not quite.
It's called lubro-moly here in Canada. Probably some legal thing.

And yes the liqui-moly/lubro-moly brand is a cut above everything else it competes against and their products work as advertised.
I've been using their stuff for nanny years now. I buy everything the napa shelves have so I'm never out,and so they keep ordering.
Thanks to risktaker he's been sending me cera-tec from a supplier in Toronto. Time will tell on how well the stuff works as the miles rack up.

i thought liqui moly was the oil and lubro moly was the additive? i put it in my 350 after an oil change and poured it right in the valley.

Originally Posted By: outdoorsman310
i thought liqui moly was the oil and lubro moly was the additive? i put it in my 350 after an oil change and poured it right in the valley.

Did it run smoother after that?

No.
They are named differently depending on the market it's being sold in. They are the same company and make oil and oil additives.
I used their 0w-40 in my charger and really liked it. I've used their mos2 10w-40 in an old mustang a couple of years ago too. It's already got mos2 added to it.
They've got an oil for every euro spec and are very popular in Germany from what I've read.

Locally you can still see Lubro Moly but it is old stock on the shelf or that was stored in a warehouse a long time.

Per http://www.techmax.ca/lubri.htm it seems Lubro Moly name would just mean old inventory in Canada or else where. Not an issue since it does not 'expire' like milk.
smile.gif

Locally you can still see Lubro Moly but it is old stock on the shelf or that was stored in a warehouse a long time.

Per http://www.techmax.ca/lubri.htm it seems Lubro Moly name would just mean old inventory in Canada or else where. Not an issue since it does not 'expire' like milk.
smile.gif

Napa carries it here. It's not old stock just found in a warehouse somewhere.
In fact it's all new stock because I've seen both the old and new cans when it comes to their additives and the oils themselves move fairly fast,and the containers and prininting are the same as shown in the website.
4 or 5 years ago the logo's and label underwent an updating and streamlining so everything got a new face,so I do know the difference between old and new stock

Originally Posted By: Clevy

smile.gif

Napa carries it here. It's not old stock just found in a warehouse somewhere.
In fact it's all new stock because I've seen both the old and new cans when it comes to their additives and the oils themselves move fairly fast,and the containers and prininting are the same as shown in the website.
4 or 5 years ago the logo's and label underwent an updating and streamlining so everything got a new face,so I do know the difference between old and new stock

Since Liqui Moly claims it is all produced in Germany and they now do it under the name Liqui Moly (even the above Canadian website states the name change) I can not find any research to support that the Lubro Moly name containers are used any longer. What I found under the old name was stocked by the NAPA store in 2012 but there was no way of knowing how old it was when it left Germany or the USA distributor to the NAPA distribution system.

Just because I knew the cans I got were old stock it did not concern me because I got another 25% off of the marked 2012 price.
smile.gif

i thought liqui moly was the oil and lubro moly was the additive?

If you go on amazon they have the same exact additive listed in differently labelled bottles/cans (BOTH LubroMoly AND LiquiMoly), and more surprisingly, for DIFFERENT prices.
confused2.gif

(With the newer label looking LiquiMoly containers being higher priced-newer stock maybe??)

i thought liqui moly was the oil and lubro moly was the additive?

From their website Liqui Moly is the company name (or, at least, their current name). The company makes a variety of products including oils, greases and additives for a wide range of applications. Perhaps their best known additive is Liqui Moly MoS2 Anti-Friction - Molydenum Disulfide in mineral oil suspension. There may be other brands of MoS2 available but MoS2 Anti Friction is the easiest product to find - NAPA stocks it.

The Liqui Moly folks also make a full range of synthetic and mineral based motor oils as well, at least one of which contains MoS2 in suspension.. Several other Liqui Moly motor oils contain Molybdenum, although the exact formulation is not as clear. Many of their motor oils are specifically designed to meet the specs of Mercedes, Porsche and other German high performance vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back