Luv Machine oil filter pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
2f0c2ur.jpg

With that filter change date, you likely installed one of the then new Puro 'Classic' filters. Iirc that was the first year of the more efficient rated Classic, from the previous labeled Prem. Plus. If you haven't tossed it yet, there should be a manufacture date code on the dome. Letter in third position should be an A meaning made in 09.

Looks like even with all the TLC the Luv machine received, the Classic held up. Does look like a serious toxic waste item now though.

Curious if you showed the Luv machine some real love by using new/fresh oil with this oil/filter change?

The label on the can said "Classic." I'll have to check for the code but won't be able to do that till Monday of next week.

Yes, the oil was pretty thick and very black, but it wasn't "gritty" like I expected, (I've changed oil on some beaters in the past where there were chunks of carbon in both the oil and filter).

As far as top up oil is concerned, if you look at the pic of the Luv Machine fuel tank, next to the drivers seat in the pic is part of a barrel I cut and keep in the cab as a "holder" of sorts. There's a white jug filled with used oil I drained from my 1950 Case tractor. It was drained in July of 2013, (note date written on jug). Currently, that is my top up oil.

I would say you sure got your money's worth out of that one. It's a shame you cut it open though looks to have a little more life left in it. Just a thought maybe you could JB weld it back together and save for your next oil change. Also at this point you might want to consider switching over to used synthetic oil for longer drain intervals.

Originally Posted By: 09328ix
I would say you sure got your money's worth out of that one. It's a shame you cut it open though looks to have a little more life left in it. Just a thought maybe you could JB weld it back together and save for your next oil change. Also at this point you might want to consider switching over to used synthetic oil for longer drain intervals.

There are no "drain intervals" with the Luv Machine.
shocked.gif

BTW - OP, how many miles were actually on the oil filter?

shocked.gif
[/quote]Yea your right. What was I thinking. It makes no sense to drain the oil. As its only going to go back in anyway. After changing the filter with a used one from another vehicle of course.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: 09328ix

shocked.gif

Yea your right. What was I thinking. It makes no sense to drain the oil. As its only going to go back in anyway. After changing the filter with a used one from another vehicle of course.
crazy.gif
[/quote]

Now you're catching on
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: accent2012
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
35mi9a0.jpg

Nice pink chair lol

I painted all the outdoor chairs that color last summer. It's a combo of leftover paints poured into one bucket and "Viola" Pepto Bismol pink. Only a real man can have pink chairs.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy

Only a real man can have pink chairs.

Do the chairs match your pink flamingo lawn ornaments? J/K!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back