Seahawks Richard Sherman= CLASSLESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Did anyone stop to wonder if this "interview" was nothing more than a PLANNED event, "theater" if you will.

I'm starting to see what look like a lot of staged things like this so that it gets more overall media coverage.

I also believe that often times in pro sports that a lot of the outcomes are NOT honest, but are rigged.

Theater. Fake. Phony.

Oh my god dude. Think this one through using a little brain power; there would have been no interview if he hadn't made the play... Not everything is a conspiracy. Plus Sherman has always been a loud mouth smack talker. It's OK; he seems to be an alright guy who's passionate about football and he's really good at it.

Smack talking is going on throughout 99% of the game and the media catches a small glimpse post game...just watch and pay attention at the activity away from the ball sometimes....nothing new, its pro football.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Originally Posted By: whip
If you call Sherman classless, what would you call Mike Vick?

A felon.

That's all? LOL

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

A felon.

That's all? LOL

Trying not to get banned!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

A felon.

That's all? LOL

Yeah, an insult to all those good hard working players that play well AND keep their mouth shut!

full disclosure: a good friend of mine works for the Hawks, and I've actually met Richard a few times in a non-football related setting. It's painful to read a lot of the nonsense being written about him, because he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet, and incredibly gracious with both his time and money. He's done a lot in support of the local schools in our area and in his original hometown, and he's a total class act.

I will say that he was going off about Crabtree last August?? There's some history there, of which I didn't really hear the whole story--but he was jawing about him then at some dinner? Needless to say though I don't think anything that happened on the football field Sunday had anything to do with his tirade.

As far as the rant, I didn't see it until later, but it was pure awesome in my book. The standard sports interviews are just so incredibly lame, and for once a guy does something interesting. Good for him! This pretty much sums up every other sports interview out there:
ON177.gif

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I live very close to Seattle....was in the city the day before the game actually.
I'm not a football fan and have no care at all if the Seahawks win or lose the Superbowl or any other game.
Anyway....I don't care what team wins. why I despise most pro sports.

We should hang out...I hate pro-sports. I am so tired of 12th man I am sick. Every dang 50 year old woman and soccer mom is screaming it or wearing some sort of jersey, when I have probably seen more games than them in my life.

As far as Sherman, eh, I wouldn't expect any different from any other over paid sports star. It is what they do.
It has provided a bunch of entertainment.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I really don't think it's that big of deal. I would assume I'd be rather excited if I just beat my rival to go to the Super Bowl.

It isn't a big deal...but it was ridiculous. Regardless, EVERYONE except Seahawk's fans, will be rooting for Peyton and Denver to smash Seattle because of THAT GUY.

I thought it was ridiculous. It makes every person and institution associated with him look bad.

It was tasteless and unprofessional...I'm rooting for Denver, but I think Seattle's D may be too much for Denver to handle...

Devon Bess assaults a police officer. Kellen Winslow Jr gets arrested for [censored] in a Target parking lot. And Sherman is Classless?

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I live very close to Seattle....was in the city the day before the game actually.
I'm not a football fan and have no care at all if the Seahawks win or lose the Superbowl or any other game.
Anyway....I don't care what team wins. why I despise most pro sports.

We should hang out...I hate pro-sports. I am so tired of 12th man I am sick. Every dang 50 year old woman and soccer mom is screaming it or wearing some sort of jersey, when I have probably seen more games than them in my life.

As far as Sherman, eh, I wouldn't expect any different from any other over paid sports star. It is what they do.
It has provided a bunch of entertainment.

Wow! Rare to see somebody expressing my feelings on all this 12th man garbage. Get's to be so annoying. Can't go anywhere or watch local TV without this stuff being shoved in your face. I can understand supporting a team...but going around dressed up like a clown, flags all over your car....it's corny. Where I work I get constant comments about the team....as though I care. I try to be polite, but when will these rabid fans realize that not everyone cares about football? And yes....seeing some older woman wearing a jersey (many times with some sort of green-blue wig on) reminds me of high school. It's about the same when these fellas with massive beer bellies wear a jersey. I'd like to tell them to stop staring at the TV and start exercising.
Anyway....rant over.

JOD,
Just so you understand....Sherman is not a "total class act". An individual with class doesn't exhibit the behavior (nationwide no doubt) of a wild animal. He was embarrassing.
Let's not change the entire meaning of what real class is...just because the guy is a star football player and gives to charity.

Last edited:
Devon Bess assaults a police officer. Kellen Winslow Jr gets arrested for [censored] in a Target parking lot. And Sherman is Classless?

Do you know the difference between illegal and classless behavior?

Originally Posted By: grampi

Do you know the difference between illegal and classless behavior?

Yes, and that's my point. Other athletes are breaking laws, and hurting people, but nothing is said. Sherman, in the heat of the moment, says something in poor taste, and he's looked down on like a piece of scum. I was trying to add some perspective, but I guess people would rather hold onto to their negative judgements.

I was trying to add some perspective, but I guess people would rather hold onto to their negative judgements.

Welcome to BITOG.

JOD,
Just so you understand....Sherman is not a "total class act". An individual with class doesn't exhibit the behavior (nationwide no doubt) of a wild animal. He was embarrassing.
Let's not change the entire meaning of what real class is...just because the guy is a star football player and gives to charity.
\

He's a class act in my book. I just don't see the big deal. He's supposed to give the standard, boring-a@#$ interview that everyone else does, and that's somehow "classy". I don't really understand how the contrived platitudes equate with "class", but that's just me.

I understand that some aren't going to dig his style, but like I said we've been to a couple of the same charity functions (ones that were low profile and not some as some sort of "image boosting" thing), and he comes off as smart, funny and nice guy. I think it's expecting too much to expect a guy to be a model of decorum after performing a sport with that intensity, and moreover I don't know why we expect it in the first place?

Sorry, I just don't get all of the vitriol directed this guy's way just because of that interview--just because it doesn't subscribe to people's preconceived notions of what someone is "supposed to say".

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Oh my god dude. Think this one through using a little brain power; there would have been no interview if he hadn't made the play... Not everything is a conspiracy. Plus Sherman has always been a loud mouth smack talker. It's OK; he seems to be an alright guy who's passionate about football and he's really good at it.

I think you're the one lacking in that department, of course if he wouldn't have made that play they wouldn't have had that exchange, but you don't think a guy that graduated from Stanford isn't clever or intelligent enough to create extra "noise/attention" for "the game" after making that play? Really?
LOL. You disappoint me.
crackmeup2.gif

Class-Act post game interviews ? Watch any Jeremy Lin with the New York Knick post game interview in the few months of early 2012, he almost always credit his team mates, coaches, fans ... for the wins and he took the blame for the defeats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CelC4U12QIA

In this 60 Minutes program you will see that Jeremy Lin didn't say anything that can embarrass himself or anyone around him such as his family, his teammates, his coaches ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoPHAtoUCEo

If you want to see an athlete with class during a game and/or after a game, just search Jeremy Lin. If you can find any document that shows he did behave badly, please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back