Motorcraft FL-FL1A or FL-299 Equivalent with 22 x 1.5 mm Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any filters the size of the Motorcraft 1A or 299 that are available with 22 x 1.5 threads? I'm looking for a longer filter to replace a MC FL-820S. Thanks.

At last check, there are no larger replacement filters for the FL-820s.

If you want a bigger filter, the best bet is to run a remote and set it up to run the FL-1A.

If his engien bay is anything like mine, there is zero rrom for an adapter.

My solution was a remoe kit, summitt has a permacool kit for $40. It bolts right in, although AN lines are recomended. It uses the FL1A filter.

FL820S is already pretty big. I wouldn't spend a lot of money for a filter only an inch longer. Your filter is already bigger then 90% of them.

-T

What a weird cross reference! The 51592 is a filter for Komatsu and Onan engines, such as those found in mini-excavators, skid steers, and gensets. Whod've thunk... Now try and actually find one!

Next question is will it fit? I know on my F150 the filter is interesting enough to find its way on and off!

Good luck finding the oversize filter, equivalent of the Wix 51592. Trips to a few sources, including a few parts houses that carry odd stuff ended up being empty handed.

I took the oil filter stud to a machine shop, instructed the machinest to build a stud of the same dimintions except the outer end be made sae and fit the fl1A filter. It works and at a savings of 1.78, I shall break even in about 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back