Kixx 100% PAO 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

Anybody know this Korean motor oil? I can get it here for quite a good price (About the same as a semi).

The site (http://www.gscaltex.com/eng/product/product_view.aspx?DM=0&ai=20&cp=1&cc=14&uc=1) and a brochure says 100% PAO.

An MSDS I found somewhere says "SEVERELY HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC DISTILLATE"...

And get this, on the can it says "100% Synthetic" - and "PAO applied Synthetic"... Does this mean what I think it means?

Anybody have any experience with this oil?

From the PSDS:

Quote:
It [referring to PAO] is a high-grade synthetic base oil mainly used in aircraft engine oils.

This is incorrect.

POE's are used in jet engine oils.

Last edited:
There is also NO such thing as a 100% PAO, OR POE oil, at least as far as automotive Internal combustion engines are concerned.
wink.gif

I live in Korea. And I have been using these oils in my car.

Kixx pao 5w 30 has been used in my little hyundai accent which has a 1.5L diesel engine.

I drain the Kixx oil every 12.400 miles or 20,000 km.

The reason I choose the relatively long drain interval is the car doesn't have dpf hence I can use oils with stronger additive package. And I considered the high portion of constant speed high way driving.

I don't know if the oil works well or not as I didn't do any lab test, but the engine parts still(after 217,000km) look clean.

In Korea, every oil manufacturer is required to report specific cas numbers of the ingredients of the lubricant.

I don't know whether the reports are all reliable or not.

But any way

As I understand,

Kixx 5w 30, and 5w 40 are based on Group 3 + a little Pao.

Kixx 0w 30, and 0w 40 contain roughly around 70to 85% Pao (cas no ; 68037-01-4).

I think considering the additives and solvent of the additives these two contain as much pao as they can, if the company is not lying.

The manufacturer of the oil is a quite large company. LG electronics and the 'GS' are owned by the same group of people.

I am going to send some used oil samples(Kixx, Mobil1, Aral) to Blackstone and will post the report here but it will be several months later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back