Motul 300V Ester Core oil launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Do they sell that pixie fairy dust oil up north here or is that just in Europe,since only Europeans get the good oil?

If you're referring to Motul, yes. Do a search on spec lube or Motul Canada.

-Dennis

It's a shame that turbokick was so unnecessarily rude in his posts because his message that Motul is extremely good oil is actually quite right. Is it leaps and bounds better than M1, though? Probably not.

Originally Posted By: wally21
It's a shame that turbokick was so unnecessarily rude in his posts because his message that Motul is extremely good oil is actually quite right. Is it leaps and bounds better than M1, though? Probably not.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Do they sell that pixie fairy dust oil up north here or is that just in Europe,since only Europeans get the good oil?

If you're referring to Motul, yes. Do a search on spec lube or Motul Canada.

-Dennis

I use motul in my Harley. I like the brand. That comment was a referrence to our European members who seem to think North American engines will dissolve using the factory recommended lubricants.
I agree that euro engines spec better oils but that's due to their longer drains and let's admit their operating conditions on European highways. NA oils work fine in our climate and operating conditions.
I've been trying out the liqui-moly brand lately and although it's anecdotal I like how the engines run that I use their products in.
My basement is filled with euro spec oils. From rp to liqui-moly,then thin ones but only pennzoil in that flavour.
There is more than one way to skin a cat.
I also agree with dermapaint when he complains that to maintain his warantee he has to use a 20 grade. There should be an allowable 30 grade option in north America if it's an option in other countries.
Jmo

Sorry to bring this old topic up.

In the MSDS it now says CAS 72623-87-1 lubricating oils, petroleum c20-c50 hydrotreated neutral oil based for the whole 300V series. Is this grp III? Depending on viscosity 10-50%.

My guess is that it is now a group 3+/PAO/Ester blend.

Sadly, on most of the 300V Ester Core weights, the VIs and TBNs have gone way down.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back