New 2014 Mazda 6 Skyactiv Grand Touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pleased with this car. I recently traded up from a 2007 Subaru Impreza which I dearly loved to this new Mazda 6 GT. I'm absolutely loving all the features, the quiet ride, the great suspension, and the gobs of trunk and passenger room. Here's a few photos for you guys. All it has is window tint. The 19" wheels are stock and IMO look fantastic. Rated EPA 26/38!!

11631047335_fb65626f30_b.jpg

11631810526_24eef06847_b.jpg

11631470254_9c00640757_b.jpg

I really like the new design of the 6 and the 3. I'm still leery of anything direct injected... Guess only time will tell if direct injection becomes a non-issue.

One of the best looking cars on the road. I've still got my fingers crossed they do another Mazdaspeed version.

I thought I was going to see a station wagon.

Nice car and color! Also glad to see the auburn flag in the one pic!

Thanks guys! I always know I picked the right car for me when I get out and can't help but look back at it as I walk away. It's quite pretty in person inside and out. I hope Mazda sells a ton of them.

I just bought a 2014 Mazda 6 exactly like this one on Christmas eve, and I too love the way it handles and drives. Mazda did an excellent job in transferring the feel of a sports car into a mid-sized family sedan.
The handling is tight, with just the right amount of road feel and power assist. For that weight car, the 184 HP 2.5L, GDI engine give plenty of performance, unless you're competing with a Vet. The all-new auto transmission is really the car's strong selling point, assuming it doesn't have any latent bugs. It is basically a 6-speed, dual-wet-clutch gearbox behind a torque converter. The torque converter gets rid of the first gear stutter seen in dual-clutch Fords, but it is programmed to lock up quickly after shifting into second gear. So, if you look at the specs, you'll see that the automatic amazingly gets BETTER gas mileage than a manual. Paddle-shifters, available only on the GT model, also make it fun to drive when you want to downshift into the right gear before you need the torque to pass.
The car looks and drives fantastic.
My main suggestion to Mazda marketing is to put the paddle-shifters on ALL Mazda 6 models. It's stupid to sell a sport model without paddle-shifters even being an option.

The reason I came to this forum was to find out, since it has direct injection, what oil would minimize the carbon buildup on intake values. I'd prefer to use Mobil 1 5W20/30, but the maintenance schedule calls for 0W20 (probably for mileage reasons), which is difficult to find in M-1 EXP.
Any suggestions what to use with a GDI and where to get it?

Hey 97tbird - I intend to do the same Mazda 0W-20 with moly. The best place for me to get it is in kit form from oilchangekits.com - and it comes with a genuine mazda filter.

I like that any 0W-20 will work, in a pinch, but as my preference I intend to run the genuine Mazda oil. I think over the long run the needle bearings on the skyactiv valvetrain will thank me.

It is a wonderful driving automatic - I am smitten with how well the shifts work. After 200K of driving manuals, and enjoying every mile, I am amazed I even enjoy this part of the car. However, it's so well done, I encourage die-hard manual drivers to consider it. I hope the transmission holds up! My dealer gave me a full lifetime powertrain warranty with the car.

yep - it's a great Auto box for sure!
Hence this comment from Motor Trend:
smile.gif

Quote:
If you desire even a modicum of driving enjoyment from your midsize sedan, this transmission alone is a major reason to buy the Mazda6 over a new Honda Accord or Nissan Altima and their soggy CVTs, or the new Ford Fusion or Chevy Malibu and their stubbornly unresponsive autos.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1210_2014_mazda6_first_drive/#ixzz2q7HgIz6X

And btw, PartsVP has it cheaper per quart...
http://www.partsvp.com/products/GF%252d5-0W20-W%7B47%7DMOLY-%28QR-%28Mazda-%252d-0000%252dG5%252d0W20%252dMQ%29.html

Beautiful car! I really like this car. Congratulations! I wish they would make this car in a wagon! Can you post pics of the interior?

Nice color! I've had mine for almost one year. Was planning on posting about it in a month or so. No issues so far. Nice ride, nice interior, good mpg. Road noise is a bit louder than the competition but nothing too bad. Enjoy the ride!

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Beautiful car! I really like this car. Congratulations! I wish they would make this car in a wagon! Can you post pics of the interior?

Sure - here are some interior shots I took when I first got it:

11631266123_5959210112_b.jpg

11631052625_7a71869662_b.jpg

IMG_2918 by dgorlando, on Flickr

IMG_2928 by dgorlando, on Flickr

Originally Posted By: Dominic
Originally Posted By: mcrn

Sure - here are some interior shots I took when I first got it:

11631266123_5959210112_b.jpg

11631052625_7a71869662_b.jpg

IMG_2918 by dgorlando, on Flickr

IMG_2928 by dgorlando, on Flickr

Thank you! Beautiful car you have there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back