oil fitler cutting tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not use a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel? It can be used for a million other thing when not cutting open filters too.

The pic on your profile is cool w/ the robot Godzilla.
grin.gif

You can always go over to Autozone and "rent" an exhaust pipe cutter.

Don't know if you know how their system works, but you pay at first to rent something. You can keep whatever you rent for however long you want, but when you bring it back though, you get your money back.

quote:

Originally posted by nthach:
hmm, i wonder if Lowe's or Home Depot will do it on a pipe-cutter...

I doubt it...there would be oil everywhere! I used an air hammer to do it, you can get one for around $10. Just make sure you wear some thick leather gloves, I didn't and got cut up more than the filter...
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by gudmund:
a 'swing-a-way' $5.00 can opener from wal-mart works just fine with a little straight edge screw driver work around the edges.

i was at Wal-Mart today, why didn't I think of it?!

I've got a "real" power tool too, Milwaukee Saw-zall. Now THAT was messy and annoying. I'll be happy with my little pi$$-ant Dremel thank you very much
grin.gif

Why wouldn't a 'swing-away' can opener for $5.00 that I purchased somewhere BESIDES Walmart work? I enjoy this board immensely, but can I PLEASE decide where I will spend my money?

Thank you,
Dave

One time, at band camp, we found out that can openers from other places DIDN'T work!!! it was really fun
cheers.gif

Just make sure you read the box and see where it was made
pat.gif

TGIF everybody!
Rando

quote:

Originally posted by n8wvi:
Why wouldn't a 'swing-away' can opener for $5.00 that I purchased somewhere BESIDES Walmart work? I enjoy this board immensely, but can I PLEASE decide where I will spend my money?

Thank you,
Dave

The term "walmart" is used frequently by many people when they are trying to say "cheap discount store that sells alot of crap". Kinda like when you say you need a kleenex when you really want a tissue...

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
The term "walmart" is used frequently by many people when they are trying to say "cheap discount store that sells alot of crap". Kinda like when you say you need a kleenex when you really want a tissue...

I think it's kind of scary that Walmart has reached this kind of status.
shocked.gif

[ February 27, 2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: bsdbytes ]

If you want, go to Nordstoms, I know they carry them too. With all the buying Mobil 1 at cheap 'rolledback' prices at wal-mart I read here, I just figured you could pick one up while you were there getting your oil. I'm sorry to have figured everyone to be so cheap like me, I'll try and not let it happen again. signed 'champaine taste on a beer(bottled micro only)budget'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back