Additive that is closest to ARX in effectiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
You could (and I have) take some Canola, some methanol (eg heet - I've used anhydrous ethanol before), some caustic, and manufacture RME (Rapeseed Methyl Ester)...google biodiesel soda bottle...AutoRx patent is lanolin, esterised with various alcohols.

Which will be an ester, with very high solvency....in fact changing to high levels of biodiesel in an older fuel system can stir up all sorts of junk.

I've added it to engines for the last 1,000km of an oil change, and had remarkably similar results to my runs of AutoRx...pretty much nothing noticeable.

Oil would need to be thick enough to handle the thinner solvent.

I always go up a grade if using Arx (2 - 2 1/2 bottles), and run it 8-10,000 kms. 1,000 kms is pointless imo.

Originally Posted By: steveh
All additives are very effective. They all do a excellent job of cleaning out your wallet!!
But, the car runs faster due to your lighter wallet.

If the engine has a specific problem, use the additive that is designed for that problem. Otherwise, save your money and just use any top brand oil.

Heh heh I add a pint of MMO to the oil to thin it for the winter. Any cleaning it does is a bonus. And I spilt a little so I got a good whiff of wintergreen. 6 bux wont break the budget and a pint sure wont kill anything. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back