subaru wrx and t6. what is normal oil pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a gauge that is programmable for warning and whatnot.
IMAG0277_zpsa5433849.jpg

What should my readings be with t6? What should i set my low pressure alarm at? Factory says this.
2014-01-02_01-05-59_zps045535af.png

ALSO, what about temps? Ranges are as shown.. I want green to be 120-? Then yellow and red should be what. What should I do about high temp alarm? What should I set it at? Thanks!

2014-01-02_01-52-22_zps2ce3f033.png

If low is 14psi on 30wt I would say 15-20psi on 40wt should be fine as the low. Low pressure is more of a concern than high PSI in my experience monitoring my Honda motors, I have never got it hot enough to lose enough PSI to be in trouble at idle though.

On my oil psi gauge I have noticed around 5psi + or - on the min between weights at above avg temps, it does differ by brand between weights however.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is about 2PSI difference, hot idle, between 5w-30 and 5w-40 on my Cherokee. Goes from 18 hot idle to 20 hot idle.

Obviously different engines and different vehicles, but not that much of a difference

Last edited:
I wouldn't set the warning any higher than 5 PSI. Yes, 12-15 may be the normal minimum you should expect, but there's no need to trip an annoying warning for random dips below that level.

The Subaru idiot light, meaning your engine is toast, comes on around 2 psi's.

-Dennis

light should go back off once it gets higher. So I want it set to lowest amount that mymotor is not toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back