SuperTech 15w40 vs the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for the last two years in all my bikes Ive used to great success 15w40 Rotella T in the sumps. I seriously couldnt be happier for the value and performance. Until I saw at walmart right next to Rotella T there is a HUGE 2.5 gallon jug of Super Tech 15w40 for I cant remember what price now but it has been making Rotella T not nearly as pretty paying $13 a gallon. There's also the others I'd love to try at some point like Chevron Delo and Mobil DelVac. Has anyone given the Super Tech a shot in there bikes or any of the other diesel oils?

If you've had "great success" and you "seriously couldn't be happier"... then why are you going to buy a huge jug of a whole bunch of unknown?

And why? Apparently to save a couple of bucks.

Honestly, I think you'd be better served to buy Rotella when it is on sale instead.

I am very very pleased with Rotella and so far in my bikes Ive only ever used 3 oils. Kawasaki conventional, Amsoil and Rotella T. All did a good job and never once did the shifting quality go down for either. Im a guy that likes to consider all options and try um all and since Ive used Super Tech oils several times in all my cars Id like to think it would be a good oil to dump in my KLX and MAYBE my Ninja. I say maybe because she's my baby
wink.gif

I ran the st oil in my peterbilt for over 3 years and the uoa said tp keep it in. I believe it was reboxed delvac1300 back then. Sunrah ran it in his bikes and reported that it was great in his mixmaster of doom.

yep!

that was the old version

did the entire Trainrobbers enduro with it

flash of 410 obviousaly no fuel
susvis of 75.0
wear metals in the below my own average

at that point (and i had tested SRT, ST, delvac1300,delo400, motorcraft) it was clearly the best bang for the buck bar none!

steve

Kawasaki conventional, Amsoil and Rotella are all good oils IMO. If you ride bikes like I do then I wouldn't dump the cheapest oil in something thats suppose to protect your gears & engine not have the wrong friction mods to cause your clutch to slip? You are already saving by using rotellea. Even the new T6 5-40 Rotella is a new formula so I don't use it in wet clutch applications.

Far as I know Supertech is made by the cheapest bidder just like yamaha oil was. I am not saying its bad or don't meet specs. I am not saying its going to be consitant either?

Last edited:
In my neck of the woods Supertech is made my Warren, same as their conventional and synthetic car oils. From what I have seen online and in real life it holds up well, being comparable to the other major players on the shelf next to it. I use it in my old V8's when in a pinch or as a quick "flush" oil.

Originally Posted By: rrguy
Kawasaki conventional, Amsoil and Rotella are all good oils IMO. If you ride bikes like I do then I wouldn't dump the cheapest oil in something thats suppose to protect your gears & engine not have the wrong friction mods to cause your clutch to slip? You are already saving by using rotellea. Even the new T6 5-40 Rotella is a new formula so I don't use it in wet clutch applications.

Far as I know Supertech is made by the cheapest bidder just like yamaha oil was. I am not saying its bad or don't meet specs. I am not saying its going to be consitant either?
Isnt that every house brand oil? Every auto manufacturer's oil is to the cheapest bidder. Doesnt mean its bad and it has to still meet spec. Super Tech's 15w-40 does carry a JASO rating but not the JASO MA Kawasaki wants for my KLX but then again a lot of us have used diesel oils in our bikes that dont carry a JASO rating at all. So to consider Super Tech is not insane. The JASO rating on it if I remember was a scooter one or something...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Originally Posted By: rrguy

Isnt that every house brand oil? Every auto manufacturer's oil is to the cheapest bidder. Doesnt mean its bad and it has to still meet spec. Super Tech's 15w-40 does carry a JASO rating but not the JASO MA Kawasaki wants for my KLX but then again a lot of us have used diesel oils in our bikes that dont carry a JASO rating at all. So to consider Super Tech is not insane. The JASO rating on it if I remember was a scooter one or something...

You just repeated what I said lol "I wasn't saying it was bad". definatley Not saying its good.
You asked I told you what I thought without trying to write a book, not all Diesel oils are same formula as they use to be & some can cause clutch slippage watchful of any with energy conserving labels. Additives like Moly & clutches don't get along.

No I don't believe all manufactur Co go with the cheapest bidder cause some develop fluids they feel are the best with a another company. Example ten years back kawi - zuki same 400cc motor was having issue with coolant eroding magnesium part. It was coolant with silica in it. Talking with a company that produces coolant somehow got fwd to engineer who told me more about coolant & cooling additives than I could forget. He said to use this brand or Hondas. Honda worked very delegiantly & close with them to develope best coolant for these small motors with mag parts!

Out of all these oils mentioned I believe SRT is the only one with the JASO MA Rating. I run SRT in my 09 FZ6R and love it. I caught a deal at my local AAP and they had it on sale for $11.99 a gallon. I bought 4 gallons. That's 5 oil changes for me. Once the SRT runs out I will try the ST to see how it runs in my bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back