I need a single bolt. How hard can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they don't match, it will be kind of childish. it may work, but it will look like the little rascals worked on your car.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FXjohn
it should "work" after you grind it.

You're gonna grind off one millimeter? Why not just put a washer under the head?

Originally Posted By: gr8gatzby
I need a single trans pan bolt. Ford part #N605904-SA. Not sold at AZ/AA/O'Reily. This bolt, in a package of two can be found cheap online($2.50), but then shipping adds $11-$14 to the bill. The Ford dealer wants $8 per bolt. Anyone with an alternative solution here?

Go to Pull-A-Part on N. Tryon St., towards the University area. The bolt you need IS in there.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
it should "work" after you grind it.

You're gonna grind off one millimeter? Why not just put a washer under the head?

why not just use the right bolt so the pattern doesn't look like a kinder gardener did it?

why not just use the right bolt so the pattern doesn't look like a kinder gardener did it?

I'm so glad I don't know what color gr8gatzby's truck is because if I did I'd end up having nightmares about hordes of small children crawling around under his truck.

Originally Posted By: yonyon

I'm so glad I don't know what color gr8gatzby's truck is because if I did I'd end up having nightmares about hordes of small children crawling around under his truck.

so far no one has demonstrated he's saved any money over the 8.22

Ace hardware does have a few bolts. I would check there if nothing close get the ford bolts.

Last edited:

What's different about the Dorman bolt? The color?

What's different about the Dorman bolt? The color?

could be a lot of things when you're talking OEM.

Well he said "trans pan bolt" and most trans pan bolts are flange head.

so far no one has demonstrated he's saved any money over the 8.22

This is true, but there is almost certainly an equivalent bolt available for less than $8. It won't look as nice, but it's available for less and it's no in a place one would see every day.

Even buying the 10 bolts for a little more money means that the next 9 bolts are pretty much free. M8x1.25 is a pretty common size. If nothing else, they'll take of a lot of brake rotors and being 10.9's they can be used more than once.

I'd go with the Ford bolt myself.

Last edited:

Well he said "trans pan bolt" and most trans pan bolts are flange head.

could be tapered hex, trapped washer, plated, stainless, etc. you can tell the difference.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I generally get my stuff at Fastenal. I have one about a mile from me.

that's nice, what do they charge for those two bolts.

could be tapered hex, trapped washer, plated, stainless, etc. you can tell the difference.

Well it would be nice if Ford put a picture next to the part number but they don't - they don't even tell you the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back