I need a single bolt. How hard can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a single trans pan bolt. Ford part #N605904-SA. Not sold at AZ/AA/O'Reily. This bolt, in a package of two can be found cheap online($2.50), but then shipping adds $11-$14 to the bill. The Ford dealer wants $8 per bolt. Anyone with an alternative solution here?

Last edited:
If you know the length and type (thread pitch, etc) then walk into the Zone and get a bolt. Or go to a local garage and ask for a bolt (giving the exact kind you need (thread pitch, diameter, length.)) Anybody wrenching on cars has a "junk drawer" or bin of some kind with stuff like that in there.

Last edited:
Something like a trans pan bolt does not need to be anything special. As long as it threads in and isnt too long its fine.the dealer would be the last place id look. Id go to osh or home depo first.

$8 a pop at the stealership...are they aircraft grade and made of gold?

Oh and weren't the same answers in your first post about this?
28.gif

They are probably charging you for the pack. The dealer has to order them in quantities of 2, and since it is special order, you are getting the bag of 2. Those bolts are $4.11 each, hence the $8.22 plus tax for 2 bolts.

dimensions are M8 x 1.25 x 19.

LMAO. I can state from personal experience (a long time ago) that this is not a good idea, at least for wheel covers.

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Scour the local parking lots for your model year? Or try Wally World and their order a part service...

You should be able to get any bolt 8x1x1.25 with a flat washer like others said. Most tranny pan bolts have a flange washer and possibly a tooth pattern on the washer. For an OEM bolt, salvage is your best bet.

any good hardware store should have it - a hardware store not a garden center.
our ace hardware has all that stuff + metric. or a u pick salvage yard

Last edited:
As mentioned, a generic bolt like a trans pan bolt will be available at any decent hardware store.

Home Depot has a terrible selection of bulk hardware, so skip them. They never have what I need, but my local ACE Hardware generally does have the single nuts/bolts I need.

It's in here somewhere...
wink.gif

The good thing about metric is, it's a standard! Tons of stuff is 8mm and usually the thread pitch is close to universal too. Saturns make great donors of literal buckets of bolts.

DSC_0040_zpsa9987f77.jpg

DSC_0041_zpsb0a43154.jpg

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Just pay the 8.22 bucks. how did you lose them?

That's what I'd do. It's annoying, but get it over with and move on to life's next annoyance.

I you would post the size of the bolt (diameter, length, and thread pitch) I could find it easily. The Ford part number is worthless because it doesn't give me the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back