Question about oil additive volume....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks,

I have a question about oil additives.

If my engine calls for 5 quarts of oil and I want to use 8 ounces of engine additive, do I make the total volume 5 quarts 8 ounces or should the total volume be 5 quarts with the additive?

What say the experts? Thanks in advance...

Originally Posted By: 1999cutiger
Hi Folks,

If my engine calls for 5 quarts of oil and I want to use 8 ounces of engine additive, do I make the total volume 5 quarts 8 ounces or should the total volume be 5 quarts with the additive?

Total 5 qts. with the additive. Although being 8 ounces over in a 5 qt. sump isn't going to hurt anything.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Hi Folks,

Total 5 qts. with the additive. Although being 8 ounces over in a 5 qt. sump isn't going to hurt anything.

I'm with dermapaint. I'd just add the 8 ounces over and above the 5 quarts.

I just chamged the wisconsim V4, takes 5qts plus filter. i filled to full started and ran for few minutes and let it sit about 20 minutes and topped off to full line.
6 quarts of delo synthetic 5w-40. Added 6oz of redline break-in additive.

Ken

Thanks for the feedback.

I will add the additive on top of the 5 quarts for now. When I do my next oil change, I'll include the additive in the total volume. Thanks again!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Hi Folks,

+1. 8 ounces over really won't matter.

If you were a whole quart or two over, it might cause some mischief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back