2013 Silverado 5.3l oil recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Depends on brand as to whether dexos licensed oils are no more expensive and how one buys them. In my case, I order up a case of 5w30 along with my normal commercial trucking order of oil and lubes from Schaeffer. Everything gets shipped free to the house. Kinda hard to beat that with a full synthetic licensed dexos product off the store shelf. Not too many stores will sell a full synthetic dexos licensed product to my at the price I get the Schaeffer product at, and ship it to me for free. Even a local store, I have to burn up a few gallons of fuel to go to town to buy the oil, and I won't get it at a better price than I do now. And I get hit for the state sales tax for sure, but I do not get hit for the inflated local sales tax at the next town over where the stores are. Several wins in this deal.

Most of us aren't buying a 55 gallon drum of oil so I'm quite sure there's a discount when purchased in volume.
And we've got distributors here who will do the same thing so it's not like you've got something special going on.

That is why I prefaced my post with it depends on how one is getting their oil whether a dexos approved is more expensive or not. I never said I had anything special going on, I just stated the facts. I can get a non dexos approved oil that meets the spec for less than I can buying a dexos approved oil off the shelf. What is so hard here to grasp? The post I was answering said that dexos approved oils are no more expensive, so there is no reason not to use them. Simple, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back