Rupes LHR 21ES Polisher - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
So this gadget is substantially better than the standard PC RO machine?

Eh, unless your detailing for money regularly, a standard PC will do just fine IMO. It might take a little longer, but the end result will be the same if you know what your doing and use proper technique. I love my Griots and PC's and use them on almost every detail. But then again, I'm mainly a rotary guy.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

Eh, unless your detailing for money regularly, a standard PC will do just fine IMO. It might take a little longer, but the end result will be the same if you know what your doing and use proper technique. I love my Griots and PC's and use them on almost every detail. But then again, I'm mainly a rotary guy.
grin2.gif

That is true! The griots and PC will be quite unpleasant to use compared to the Rupes, but will do the job -- but it will sometimes take you longer.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Yes, they're not even in the same league. Think Corolla vs 5-series.

In fact, I had the opportunity to use a PC 7424xp last weekend, and I was seriously puzzled as to why people even buy those things...

Or HF DA polishers? They're cheap and work okay. They might not have all the bells and whistles such as low NVH, but they do get the job done for the occasional user. Even a pretty basic DA polisher will still do minor correction and make wax application much faster.

I have the Flex and Rupes 15. The Rupes is a smooth machine compared to my old UDM and a Griots. The flex still gets the job done and some Rupes say the 21 works faster but a lot has to do with technique in any case. Even a old PC with time can get a lot done. My criteria was less vibration with consistent results. As an occassional polisher, I do not need to spend time dialing in a process (pad, polish, etc). The Flex just works. If I did not have the Flex I would consider the Rupes 21 but picked the 15 for ease of applying waxes, paint cleaners, etc. where faster arm speed is used.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
I have the Flex and Rupes 15. The Rupes is a smooth machine compared to my old UDM and a Griots. The flex still gets the job done and some Rupes say the 21 works faster but a lot has to do with technique in any case. Even a old PC with time can get a lot done. My criteria was less vibration with consistent results. As an occassional polisher, I do not need to spend time dialing in a process (pad, polish, etc). The Flex just works. If I did not have the Flex I would consider the Rupes 21 but picked the 15 for ease of applying waxes, paint cleaners, etc. where faster arm speed is used.

Same here. After getting more time with the Flex this past weekend (Rupes is loaned out to someone), I'm finding that the Flex has a slight issue with buffer trails when used with certain pads/products. While the technique is certainly key, this is something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back