2014 Ford Fusion, 2.0L Ecoboost, first oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, sounds like a solid plan. Although the OLM is pretty good and 5k is a conservative distance, perhaps a UOA at the oil change is a good idea, considering the heavy stop and go .

Dumped the factory fill today at just under 3,500 miles. Fresh load of Pennzoil Ultra in the pan.

I swear it runs smoother and quieter. Which given the low mileage on the car and the oil almost certainly means it's a placebo effect I invented to justify the trouble I went to in order to source full synthetic, low NOACK, low SAPS oil and have the dealer pour it in for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DGarner211
Dumped the factory fill today at just under 3,500 miles. Fresh load of Pennzoil Ultra in the pan.

I swear it runs smoother and quieter. Which given the low mileage on the car and the oil almost certainly means it's a placebo effect I invented to justify the trouble I went to in order to source full synthetic, low NOACK, low SAPS oil and have the dealer pour it in for me.

Sounds like a nice dealership to do BYO oil for $21. I mean, after the filter, they are just getting a few bucks, that is a pretty good deal.

It might not be placebo effect. Many people report an engine preferring a specific oil, or if not preferring, sounding slightly different. I know one thing, you chose one of the very best 5w-30 available! Enjoy your car!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back