2015 Chrysler 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but i don't think they can beat Honda or Mazda's 4 cylinder engines. If they sell it with a 4 at all.

Originally Posted By: 79sunrunner
It looks so good. I can't wait to see the interior.

There are some interior shots in the link posted above. Not a big fan of what they did to the center stack. It lacks some finesse, but maybe the photos don't do it justice.

It'll be hard for the 200/Avenger to break out of the mediocre rental car category. At least this one looks a bit nicer.

Looks good! Kind of a mix between an Audi and a Opel Insignia/Buick Regal.

The tail lights are also a mix between he Audi A7 and the Jaguar F-Type. None of these things are bad. The dash seems odd, kind of bland in spots.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Looks like the rental sonata I had.

crackmeup2.gif

I saw a new "Cherokee" (in quotes on purpose) today. It doesn't look as bad in person as it does in print/on a monitor but from the rear all I could think was, "Where is the Santa Fe badge?"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Looks good! Kind of a mix between an Audi and a Opel Insignia/Buick Regal.

The tail lights are also a mix between he Audi A7 and the Jaguar F-Type. None of these things are bad. The dash seems odd, kind of bland in spots.

I like the dash doesnt look to crowded. Though I think it needs some sort of trim piece going accross the passenger side something to break up the black.

Not "bad" but I think it is a bit... copy-catish. I would say that the Chryslers were not the best built but were at least good looking up until about 2006/2007-ish when the current design surfaced.

I might have been a bit different, but I would have loved it to be a smaller take on the 300-style. Currently it looks more like a minature version of the Impala

Bg_640.jpg

My primary concern about the new 200 isn't how it looks, it's how big it is. Chrysler is the only manufacturer that is basing their mid-size offering on a platform that has been reserved for smaller vehicles. It will be on the same platform as the Dart, which was upsized from the even smaller Giulietta.

I say this is a concern because there is another car that shrunk during it's latest refresh and it has since been quite a dud: Malibu. During the 2013 refresh, the Malibu width increased by 3 inches, but it's wheelbase shrank by 5. It was largely panned by critics, with much ire being directed toward interior space, especially in the rear seats, which is a direct result of the wheelbase reduction. A big focus of the 2014 scramble refresh was re-contouring the seats to increase rear seat legroom.

Contrast this to the Fusion, which did just the opposite of the Malibu: The 2013 refresh *increased* the wheelbase by 5 inches. An out-of-the-park sales hit, few of the press reviews have mentioned interior space as a downfall.

I know that Fiat says the Compact Wide platform will scale to mid-size, I just don't take much solace in their opinion, especially in a segment as competitive as mid-size cars. While the heavily sloped rear greenhouse looks great, it does no favors for rear occupant headroom. Couple this with their previous two challenging launches of the platform and they have an uphill battle. The Dart was launched with completely wrong powertrain options and has largely been a segment back-marker and the Cherokee has had the infamous transmission concerns. If the 200 launch is plagued by half the problems the Dart or Cherokee has had, it'll be DOA.

Not to burst anyones bubble here but, Ugh! Another cheap, low engineered, poorly designed and undesirable Chrysler design. Personally I think they are the worst of the big 3. And one of the worst car companies in the world. OK, thats just my 2 cents.

I wish Chrysler would simply bring more Alfas and Fiats over here instead of "Americanizing" the European platforms- I would be much more inclined to buy the real thing as opposed to a car tailored to the so-called tastes of typical US vehicle operators(they sure aren't "drivers" in any true of the term).

Originally Posted By: dareo
Looks good, but i don't think they can beat Honda or Mazda's 4 cylinder engines. If they sell it with a 4 at all.

They've got most of the GDi Hyundai/Kia engine. I don't know if Fiat will continue with that or if they will develop a larger multi-air engine.
21.gif
maybe a clean diesel.

Compared to what it replaces, it looks okay. From the first image alone, it reminds me of my MIL's Nissan Altima. Interior looks good as Chrysler interiors are generally well done. I remember reading that some Chrysler dealership owners were crying over how great this new 200 is when it was first revealed to them alone. I guess it doesn't take alot to make 'em happy. What boggles me is how much larger GM/Ford are over Chrysler, yet Chrysler seems to be over the top with their mechanical technologies? Is FIAT that great? I'll take my Chevys any day, thankyou...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back