2014 Ram 1500 - Sound Like a Decent Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
And that trending will certainly be helpful, then. At least down the road, you don't have to worry about Amsoil SS or M1 EP ignoring Chrysler's bizarre little spec.
wink.gif

Agree wholeheartedly! Thanks for the insight!

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
Why would you even risk giving a dealer or a company any wiggle room while under factory warranty on a new expensive vehicle? I don't understand that line of thinking? By the way Fram Oil Filters are complete Junk! I don't care if its not a base model. I would never use one period!

Then you do not understand that if a replacement part meets or exceeds factory standards there is no wiggle room? I have had warranty work on a Ram and I used Napa Gold filters at the time because MOPAR oil filters for the truck were manufactured by Fram. The service manager did not care a Napa Gold filter was in use and did not even give it a second thought.

Quote:
By the way Fram Oil Filters are complete Junk! I don't care if its not a base model. I would never use one period!

That is kind of a broad statement isn't? There are millions of cars that have survived just fine running orange Fram's for years.

The fram ultra is a great filter, but what about the Motorcraft FL820S filter? everyone here always mentions motorcrafts great quality, you can pick one up at wal mart for 4 bucks, would do well for your 5k ocis. I think the FL820S is the spec'd filter for your hemi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back