Beards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew one over the past two years, although shaved it recently due to grooming standards at the office. Honest Amish Beard Balm is great to help keep it conditioned and your skin from drying out. It's available on Amazon.

Indeed I'm presently with beardage. I normally trim but have been letting it grow since mid Aug of this year. Gives one appreciation for those who grow long long beards.

I wish I could. I'm 38 and grow the spottiest beard you've ever seen. Its like a 16 year old boys. I can't even grow a nice weekend scruff.

growing mine since mid november, got the Christmas break coming up, will be growing it until mid january.

this time round, my last shave was with a philips rotary head shaver, which cuts the hair square, which meant a ton less itching than had I done a wet shave (which cuts a sharp edge to the little hair).

So far so good.

Since I was 19. I usually have a goatee, but will frequently go all out in the winter. My wife used to make me keep it short, but since duck dynasty entered her life, I am rocking about 6" hanging off the chin. When people comment I just stroke the goat and tell them it helps me ponder.

ref

I had one for a couple of years. I liked it, but it looks odd when I get decked out in spandex for bike rides. Shaved for this summer, and I got the impression that my wife didn't want it again this year. I kinda want to grow it in, mostly because it comes in pretty red, but it won't be long before it goes gray and loses the appeal.

While others liked it, they all said I looked younger w/o it. It was only marginally less work to maintain than shaving twice a week.

I have been sporting a beard for the past 11 years and had a goatee for probably three years prior. Started the goatee in high school and then decided at the beginning of my freshman year in college that I no longer wanted to take the time or expend the effort to shave, so I let it grow! It made me look years older, which was good because I started working a professional/semi-technical job that year and it gave me more credibility or at least kept people from questioning my expertise based on my age. I was bearded for my wedding and have only shaved it all off twice since then, but my wife will not let me do it again; she says it makes me look like I am 12 years old. I keep it trimmed and neat (most of the time) and shave my neck when I need to look presentable, like for work (I work from home, but meet with clients a few days per week).

I always had one for years until it started greying on me....right in the middle and my 'stash turned grey too. I tried the Just For Men but too much trouble for me and got a good chemical burn once.....easier to just shave now and run around with cold cheeks.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I've had a trimmed beard for 44 or 45 years now. My wife has never seen me without one.

I once saw a picture of my father taken on a beach in Hong Kong in 1968 while he was in the service. That was the last time that he shaved his entire face.

Me, I tried a beard once when I went back to college in 2000 or so. At the time I started growing it I already has a 12" long pony tail, so the ladies couldn't run away from me fast enough. I figured since I repelled the opposite sex so well that it would be a great time to grow a beard for chits and giggles.

My beard is a little over 2 years and 7" long. I keep it trimmed on the sides a little. It's kind of bushy, but no too much.

Gets a lot of looks.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
Is anyone wielding a beard here?

I have gone without shaving for long stretches before. These periods have included week long stay-cations, sickness, general college laziness etc. I've always wanted to try it out but wasn't sure if it would affect my professionalism at work. Well I manned up for the real thing and I'm 13 days in. There's no going back now.

Believe it or not there is still a lot of negative stigma with having a beard but if you have been on the fence don't care what people think and let it grow and flaunt your masculinity. I work in an office environment and the reactions have been from none at all to compliments. If anyone gives you a hard time say it's part of your new religion or something.
whistle.gif

Anyway I figured I'd post this if anyone has been thinking about growing one but has been holding off for some of the same reasons I was.

Now if I can get this itching thing under control...

I am usually lazy and only shave once every couple of weeks or so. I usually look pretty scruffy. I do purposely grow a beard during hunting season though for warmth and also to help hide my big white face.

I shave for the last time every year around September 1st. It is about a month before the regular waterfowl season starts and allows me to get a good cover on my face. Unless something happens where I have to shave( funeral, medical reason, etc... )I do not shave again until after waterfowl season is over in mid February. By then I look like bigfoot. This year I really seem to have sprouted. Got a call from Duck Dynasty to join the show as a long lost cousin.
crackmeup2.gif

I've had a beard for 25 years now and usually keep it trimmed. Last summer, I let it go long. By Christmas, I looked like an extra on "Duck Dynasty." It got so long and thick, I could hide a pencil in it, (I got a kick out of doing that - I would slide a pencil in my beard and ask someone a question and say, "let me write that down" and pull the pencil out of my beard). Finally trimmed it first of the year and was shocked when three pencils and a roofing nail fell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back