Netflix or hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you guys prefer?
I know netflix on the basic plan you can use the service on two TV's is that the same deal on hulu? Pros and cons?

Try Netflix for free for the first month? Isn't it a free trial?

Unsure about HULU.

Netflix use to (2 years ago) have many old movies and not too many recent ones.

I don't consider them competitors. Netflix is predominantly in the streaming movie business (with some TV available, but typically a season behind), whereas Hulu is predominantly in the streaming "current" TV business.

If you need to stream the latest movies, use Amazon or Vudu.

In my opinion: Hulu pushes recently aired TV shows shown on over the air networks. If you missed an episode of say Modern Family, Hulu is for you.

Hulu will have the newer stuff, Netflix has a lot of movies, and some TV shows. Having said that, I love my Netflix! Plus I dont want to watch most of the newer khrap thats on TV now.

Last edited:
I have Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Amazon.

Between the four of them I have most movies and series covered.

The only one I'm missing really is HBO.

I love Netflix. I HATE Hulu, more because of the UI interface than anything else. I think it's a pain in the [censored] to navigate, it's always been a struggle to find anything.

I prefer netflix. plus hulu started having short commercials even with a paid membership. so I ditched hulu

I mainly watch movies, so Netflix is for me. they offer Top Gear too
laugh.gif

It depends what you're looking for. They both offer very different entertainment. I got rid of cable TV and rely solely on streaming internet for TV. I have both. If you are a cable subscriber then you really have no need for Hulu.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
I prefer netflix. plus hulu started having short commercials even with a paid membership. so I ditched hulu

That in itself makes Netflix the winner, for me.

We have both. I prefer Netflix just because Hulu doesn't have anything I watch (like Top Gear, many shows on Discovery Channel, etc). My wife watches some stuff on Hulu like some of the hour-long primetime dramas.

Haven't tried Hulu, but have been happy with Netflix. After no cable for a few years we don't know what we are missing that is currently on TV--so the fact that Netflix is "behind" doesn't bother us.

I have both. I like Netflix better for movies, but Hulu better for TV.

If Netflix had a similar selection of TV shows I wouldn't bother with Hulu because the advertisements are annoying and the applicaton on my PS3 is painful to use.

Netflix has documentaries, older movies, and older and current tv shows to stream. hulu plus is current tv shows only and current season only. so it's limiting for about the same price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back