Annoying Rattle that stops when it rains

Status
Not open for further replies.
97 Avalon 249K. Just replaced rear struts/springs with quickstruts. Pleased with the results but starting to get rattles from the rear of the car. The rattles disappear when I drive the car and it is raining....any ideas????

Do the anti-swaybar endlinks attach to the struts on that application? Might have a bad bushing. Also it is very easy to orient the top mount incorrectly on those rear Camry / Avalon struts and that will cause noise.

Hmm....nothing on the anti sway bar--I replaced the rear struts, not the front ones.
I did not notice the orientation of the top mounts except that it appeared to me that the 3 studs make an equilateral triangle. Once I had the 3 studs in the holes the bottom bolted right up.....

Well I removed one strut today and discovered it will only bolt in one way and I had it oriented correctly. Can't find anything obviously wrong with it. I thought maybe there was supposed to be some type of gasket between the top of the mount and the car frame but can't find anything anywhere that shows this...... any ideas on what could be rattling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back