Downloaded torrent software at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear! You should follow up with your idjit boss/hr and make darn sure there are no marks on your record!

Myself, I would also prod them on their mistake. You should not let it slide. I'm not saying let them have it with both barrels, but remind them of their timing and the effect on your holiday, as well as poking the wrong guy to begin with.

No, one of the better things about my job is they are bound by State regulations to let me know before anything is put in my permanent record. I can't say where I work or talk about any specifics of my job but I can say I work for the State of Florida and there are very specific documentation procedures in place. As far as prodding the boss or IT goes, I would rather just leave it alone. My boss is a lot further up the food chain than I am and it would not be wise to bring this up with her again. Same goes for IT. Probably best to just let go of it and move on. I personally would never treat anyone this way, however it is now in the past and it is best to leave it there. I am very grateful I have a decent job with a good health insurance plan and other benefits.

Maybe no more probing. But it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of Memorandum for Record indicating that you were told on 12/4 that it wasn't you, but another employee, etc.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Maybe no more probing. But it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of Memorandum for Record indicating that you were told on 12/4 that it wasn't you, but another employee, etc.

Apparently our IT guys had no told my boss yet that I am innocent. She emailed me this morning saying she would let me know the rescheduled time for our meeting. I replied back with what IT told me yesterday and had my IT guy email my boss to confirm my innocence. He said yesterday he we let her know but had not done it yet. He copied me on his email to her and I printed it and also saved it in my own saved email file. I have not heard from my boss since that one email this morning. I sure hope this is over now.

Last edited:
This sounds like it was entirely a power trip on her end.

It must be awful working for an immoral woman with queen bee syndrom.

Last edited:
It's more likely management that has zero computer skills.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back