Shell's nitrogenized fuel - No longer Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: blackman777
It makes me wonder if Shell dropped the TTG certification?
In a matter of days, you went from not knowing what TTG is to now being an expert on it and throwing some TTG members under the bus, looking for some conspiracy theory and/or scam. Sheesh...

I am fairly certain asking a mere question =/= throwing under a bus or implying a scam. It is merely asking a question. (So hypersensitive. Do you always get so defensive over a mere question? Ooops; I asked another question)

BTW I used Shell, not because of the TTG, but to see how the nitrogenized fuel works in my engine (so far; about the same). I have no negative opinion about the company.

I suppose I over reacted a bit.
smile.gif
Your initial post came across (to me) as trying to stir a controversy, but maybe I read too much into it.
smile.gif

None of the three Shell stations near me advertise their gas as top tier, neither does the Exxon station I go to. In fact neither has any Shell or Exxon/Mobil station in my travels between NJ & Fl that I stopped at advertised at the station as being top tier gas. I think it's more a corporate advertisement. I feel that few people even know what top tier gas is or care. The people that do care do their research and know what brands are top tier.

Whimsey

For the marketing standpoint, I think it's basically marketed at those who pay attention. If one reads one's manual and sees it recommending Top Tier gas, one might go to the website and check what's Top Tier. For those who don't bother or don't care, I guess it doesn't matter much.

People are way more concerned with the numbers on the signage than they are with any Top Tier wording.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back