Has PQIA ever compared synthetic blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
PQIA is a fantastic resource and I appreciate all their efforts. Does anyone know if blends have ever been compared side by side? Curious

My curiosity is geared more towards comparisons within the synthetic blend category than against conventional or full syn.

Originally Posted By: Tomcat_80
Volk06: Has the PQIA ever tested the "FIRE & ICE" that I thought from reading here that was a blend or conv? Please correct me if I am wrong also.

thanks

I don't know, you'll have to go to that site and look. That oil is from YEARS ago and is outdated anyway.

What I`ve wondered,if they have done any *non-mainstream* weights,0W40,5W40,10W40,15W40,20W50,etc? I`d like to see side by side add pack comparisons of say for example,PYB 5W30 vs their 10W40,20W50 to see if there`s anymore additives in the non starburst oils.

They are more interested in showing oils that consumers are likely to put in current vehicles so I doubt you'd ever see any odd weights on there but synthetic blends probably.

PQIA is mainly interested in the lowest tier of the oil market. They aren't testing how good oils are. They are testing how bad some oils are, especially for people who know nothing and just grab a jug off the shelf of the convenience store. While PQIA's quantitative analysis of the good oils might be somewhat interesting to a few of us, their analysis of the real junk-in-a-bottle is important to help get the bottled trash off the shelves.

Ken2: I also if I may add, seem to notice that PQIA shows us that even though "store brands" may be overlooked, they are indeed serviceable. Least from what I saw on PQIA site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back