Parts Plus Extended Life/Premium Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts Plus is now offering an extended drain filter,supposibly lasting to 10K miles.Its only $2.00 more than their standard,cheapie filter.Says 98% efficient at catching 30 micron particles.Anyone cut one open yet? Seems to have silicone gasket and ADBV.Its all a rough black finish for supposed extra road hazard durability,thicker shell,and better rolled seams.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
No pics.I plan on cutting one open though.

There we go, bring it on!
banana2.gif

Where exactly did you come across this info? I have virtually found the end of the WWW searching for this PP extended life filter. I would love to try it with my winter synthetic extended drain interval and I have a PP outlet nearby. I inquired there about an extended drain PP filter yet they seemed to have no info on it. Could the OP enlighten us? thx

Originally Posted By: AnotherDodgeGuy
parts+ extended life filter ok found this...

Some quotes from the link (in blue):

"The new Premium Guard line is designed to deliver engine protection up to 10,000 miles when used with synthetic oil. It is engineered with a high capacity for trapping and holding dirt."

That's good holding capacity.

"Based on a test conducted by South West Research Institute (SWRI), it offers 98% Multi-Pass Particle Removal Efficiency, which offers over 98% weighted average efficiency through the life of the filter."

They don't say at what micron level ... why, because it might not be that good? That's what usually is the case when they just list an efficiency without a corresponding micron level. The SWRI is the place I had contacted to find out how much IOS testing cost. It was around $5K a filter.

"The spin-on filters include a silicon gasket and anti-drain valve that can handle extreme temperatures from -40 degrees F to +400 degrees F."

Wow, even a silicone gasket. I think that's a first that I've heard on a filter. Maybe it's a mis-print (?).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
......Wow, even a silicone gasket. I think that's a first that I've heard on a filter. Maybe it's a mis-print (?).

heavy-sarcasm-present.jpg

^^^
lol.gif
... guess I missed it. What other filters have a silicone base gasket? I'm assuming that's what the filter maker is trying to say since it says: "The spin-on filters include a silicon gasket and anti-drain valve ...".

^^^^ You are correct, I was thinking adbv not sealing gasket. I don't believe I've ever seen a sealing gasket made of silicone either. I'm not sure if it would even be an appropriate material for a sealing gasket. Didn't fully read the blue text. This one's for me.

homer-simpson-doh.gif

^^^
11.gif

So I'm thinking if the filtering efficiency of these filters is pretty good (ie, better than 97% @ 20 microns) then they looks pretty nice. Silicone base gasket, silicone ADBV, coil spring retention spring, thick can, each one leak tested ... wow, seems like high class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back