QSGB and QSUD users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks and how many of you folks here use either the QSGB and QSUD and like or dislike it? I have been using the QSGB 5W20 in a friends car for oil changes. No complaints from him. My father will NEVER use it or PYB for some reason, as he uses Valvoline. Anyways, I did some looking and cant believe the "stories and old wives tales" bout it causing sludge etc. Thanks in advance for the replies guys.

Either oil is priced at the bargain end of SOPUS's offerings.
Both appear to be good oils and a good value.
I've used both and would use either again.
I've used plenty of Valvoline over the past few years and would not consider it superior to Quaker State, although not inferior either.

QS oil is known to help quiet down noisy engines and is a good product. Run it with confidence
thumbsup2.gif

QSAD (green bottle) has lived up to its reputation as a "quiet" oil in Mom's VUE. It came out after 7500 miles looking not much worse than when it went in. I didn't spring for a UOA but I think I will on the second go-round.

Here's a UOA of QSUD in my 2.2 Ecotec:

1474399_3803024169891_1850405403_n.jpg

QSUD is a superb oil and it's only $22 bucks at wally world for 5qts. I use it in both of my girls Hyundais.

217,000 trouble-free miles on Windstar V6 with QSUD. Valve train still clean as new and no oil consumption when body rust did it in. Hyundai recommends for our new car. Me too.

I just finished doing a oil change today with QSGB 5w20 in my dakota and never had any issues with QSGB or QSUD..both great oils and Valvoline white bottle and SynPower i have used them both with no worries

QSUD is a regular oil that I use. An excellent oil at an excellent price (well, at least until Walmart jacked up its price).

I've been using QSUD for a while now in three different vehicles - seems great and after the $10 rebate (on 5 qts) it's a killer price.

yea I remember years ago hearing all the bad things about qs back in the day, it was the fram of oils back then,lol, I guess they have really improved it a lot. what is the reason it quiets motors more than other oils of same viscosity? I may try the 5w30 in my truck.

I switched the ex-wife's Marauder to QSUD at the last change, mostly due to the low NOACK...she drives a lot on the highway for her work. 2 months ago, she drove from Cape Cod to ATL and around that area...2700 miles in less than 2 weeks. Car now has almost 5,000 miles on this OCI and it hasn't quite used a quart. Pretty good for a car with 180,000 miles. I'm sticking with QSUD in this vehicle.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I switched the ex-wife's Marauder to QSUD at the last change, mostly due to the low NOACK...she drives a lot on the highway for her work. 2 months ago, she drove from Cape Cod to ATL and around that area...2700 miles in less than 2 weeks. Car now has almost 5,000 miles on this OCI and it hasn't quite used a quart. Pretty good for a car with 180,000 miles. I'm sticking with QSUD in this vehicle.

You still service your ex's car for her? If so, bravo to you (both of you) for keeping it an amicable split and remaining civil to each other!

+1 ran QSGB 5w20 last oc before 0w20 syn and the engine was much more quiet. Its now burning through the 5.0 chevy in its second lubrication lifecycle.

Originally Posted By: Richtrashman
+1 ran QSGB 5w20 last oc before 0w20 syn and the engine was much more quiet. Its now burning through the 5.0 chevy in its second lubrication lifecycle.

Look at that, another 5.0 Chevy truck owner on BITOG.
11.gif

I'm running happily running PYB right now but I might switch to QSGB next oil change to see if it'll quiet things down a bit. Pennzoil made my truck idle noticeably quieter than VWB and seeing as how QS has twice the amount the boron as PYB I wanna see it makes even more of a difference. Just out of curiosity.

How do you guys feel about the cleaning ability of QSGB?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back