Fuel %
Antifreeze 0.0 0.0

WATER 0.0
INSOLUBLES 0.3
TBN 3.1 >1.0

BLACKSTONE'S NOTES:

Nothing problematic was found in this sample. Universal averages show how

metals should read after about 8,200 km on the oil. You're already running

longer, but you're still getting better-than-average wear in most cases.

Lead was a touch higher than average, but a mere 2ppm isn't anything

worth losing sleep over. There was no contamination like coolant, water,

fuel, or excessive dirt present in your sample, and both the viscosity

and the TBN (which measured 3.1) held up nicely. You shouldn't have any

problems with a 12,000 km run next time.

Thanx! Been looking for one of these for a while. Awesome deal a few times a year for what looks like a pretty decent oil.

just poured a jug of MM F1 Sync in the 3.4L V6 with a FRAM XG3387A filter. finger crossed for the winter ...
smile.gif

Last edited:
I just seen MM F1 Synthetic on sale for 17.99... wow what a great deal on this motor oil..Question is,who makes this oil for Canadian Tire????? is it Shell maybe??

Yes, it's made by Shell. The F1 products are roumored to be Formula Shell and Formula Shell Synthetic. I think based on this it looks similar to PQIA's report on the Formula Shell but not quite the same, if memory serves.

Back in the 80s i used Canadian Tire brands and they were great oils but then i started useing Mobil products and so on.I guess i should start looking into MotoMaster motor oils because the price for conventional and synthetic are cheaper compared to some major brands,look at their price for MotoMaster F1 Synthetic on sale at 17.99 and Shell makes it.Cant go wrong with the price.I would like to see their Data Sheets and more on the UOA.Sounds good for the wallet...whats in your wallet LOL

I picked up a cople jugs of their 5w-20 for the mini-van which isall that they had left. I thought about just getting the 5w-30 which I am sure wouldn't kill the 3.3L... Then they gave me a rain check on four jugs of twenty-weight so I'm pleased.

Can't beat it w/ a stick. Only have one jug of Ultra left (out of five jugs) that I got at a Maine Walmart on clearance...! Still have some Mopar filters for it that I also got there on clearance.

Actually, I just had the oil changed in the van last week. The oil life monitor came on at around 4,800 km's, which ain't much. I was skeptical of that until I saw what was draining out of it... Yuck. Beat up, fuel diluted & filthy looking oil. I guess that's what short-runing urban driving will do to it. The OLM wasn't wrong. W/ that sort of service, it causes me to think that something like Ultra is wasted in the application. But I'm liking the idea of using this CT synthetic for a while. I'll be well-stocked...!

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back