Oil for '01 VW Lupo GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just giving you a hard time about the Frams. Everyone always gives Fram a hard time. Honestly, in this country, for German applications such as your own, Mann, Mahle, German Bosch and so forth are much, much cheaper than the equivalent Fram.

So what do you guys advise me? Do want the best for my GTi, should i get a OEM filter? We don't have oil filters do widely available as you guys have

Purflux filters are part of VAG group OEM filters. French Filters brand that is part of "Sogefigroup" which also owns Fram. In France they were ranked in the top due to their "chevron" paper folding. They claims they have better filtration beacause they have more filtration surface due his particular folding. Purflux are also the most expensive here. It was a Purflux OEM when I did my first oil change on my R32, I replace the element by a Knecht/Mahle filter (Austrian made). Since I bought Mann Filters.

OEM & aftermarket quality filters, you can buy with confidence... More if you can get discounted
smile.gif

Another question for you guys. Has been 8000km now since my last oil change ( including a trip to Madrid, Spain and back to holland. so 4500 km of that oil has been only higher speed highway driving aprox. 90/100 mph )

Right at the moment there's MPM 5W30 Premium Synthetic ESP in my sump.

Don't like the 5W30 that much, little bit too noisy. Not a single drop consumed so far.

Can get a great deal on MPM 0W-40 High Performance Street.

some specs:

Specifications

ACEA A3/B4, C3-10
API SN
ILSAC GF-4
MB-Approval 229.5
Porsche

Total Base number 10.6 mgKOH/g
Sulfate-ash 1.1 mass%
Noack vapourloss 8.5 mass%
Standardanalyses Density @ 15°C 0,858 kg/l
Kinematische Density @ 40°C 78.0 mm²/s
Kinematische viscosity @ 100°C 13.7 mm²/s
Viscosity Index 181
Dynamic viscosity @ -35°C 5700 mPa·s
Flashpoint COC 216 °C
Pourpoint -57 °C

How do these specs look to you guys? MPM is a brand here what you could compare to Redline/Amsoil/Pennzoil ect. in USA. My local part supplier carries this brand.

They seem to be real synthetic ( they call every group III oil synthetic here )

Thanks for your opinions!

Ps. I translated the oil specifications myself, so some words can be wrong. I'm trying to make my english as understandable as possible for you guys

Just changed my oil. 3.7 quart MPM 0W-40 High Performance street is in my sump now.

Sounds much quiter then the 5W30 ESP from MPM. Also I noticed that the color of the new oil is light green.

The oil MPM 5w30 stayed in for 8500km, seems to have dissolved a lot in my engine. cams look cleaner trough the fill cap and the oil was blacker than normal when I changed it.

Planning to change the 0W-40 when the winter ends.

Driving a while with the 0w40 now. I want to go back to 5w30/0w30. It doesn't run as 'light' as it did before and it feels like it's having somewhat of more resistance because of the thicker oil. it may not be much and i doubt if it is measurable, but it just doesn't feel as smooth during acceleration like before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back