Pennzoil Syn Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on the Walmart website, they have their dexos approved 5w30 synblend for $4.47, for a six pack? Does anybody know if this is a mistake? I ordered two of them for $9.64 with tax (about 80 cents per quart), which would be great as that's 3 oil changes for my car.

It was part of a myriad of pricing errors on the WM website and was a mixed bag on whether it was honored or not. I ordered 3 of them but had to wait a few days before going into the store to find that 4 QTs had been shipped. The layaway guy acknowledged the mistake and gave me 3-5QT jugs and 3-1QT bottles, so I scored 18QTs for $14.52.

HOWEVER, that was 15 days ago and WM has had more than 2 weeks to correct this "error". I see the pricing is still on the website, so I just ordered 3 more of them just to see what happens. Perhaps another 18 QTs for $14.52 is in my future.
cheers3.gif

I had this with some Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20 a year or two ago. They had the 5-quart jugs, 3-PACK, for $21.97 or something like that. I was successfull at two different Walmarts in getting them to honor the price, but they clearly didn't want to. I got 6 of the 5-quart jugs, which I eventually traded for different oil later down the road.

I will try with the Syn Blend today.

I just ordered 3 of these for in store pickup at my local WM...lets see how I do...

If its anything like their mistakes a couple weeks back,they wont honor it.WM does not lose money on anything...period.And I always thought there was a law of sorts,saying that you must charge what an item is marked...

Originally Posted By: AKA
I just ordered 3 of these for in store pickup at my local WM...lets see how I do...

Well that was fast...I just received an email stating that my order was cancelled. The reason was because "the items are not available in your selected store when we were preparing your order for pickup"

Granted at the time of purchase the website indicated they were IN STOCK at my selected store...off to try another store! HAHA

The disclosures on their website and in store postings more or less state they can honor/change/cancel/update whatever price they choose. Its their call ultimately.

Gave it a shot. There's a Walmart that I drive past all the time, so not much of a time risk for me. I'll report back.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
It was part of a myriad of pricing errors on the WM website and was a mixed bag on whether it was honored or not. I ordered 3 of them but had to wait a few days before going into the store to find that 4 QTs had been shipped. The layaway guy acknowledged the mistake and gave me 3-5QT jugs and 3-1QT bottles, so I scored 18QTs for $14.52.

HOWEVER, that was 15 days ago and WM has had more than 2 weeks to correct this "error". I see the pricing is still on the website, so I just ordered 3 more of them just to see what happens. Perhaps another 18 QTs for $14.52 is in my future.
cheers3.gif

I just received a mail stating that mine are ready to be picked up. I will see how it goes when I stop at WM later today.

Jeez, let's all take "advantage" of a pricing error so we can save a few dollars on oil and stick it to a big bad corporation. C'mon guys, you're better than that. Take advantage of legitimate sales and rebates, that is more than enough.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Jeez, let's all take "advantage" of a pricing error so we can save a few dollars on oil and stick it to a big bad corporation. C'mon guys, you're better than that. Take advantage of legitimate sales and rebates, that is more than enough.

Hey, maybe it's a closeout!

Originally Posted By: bigt61

Walmart made a "big deal" in the news about all of the "pricing errors" that were on the website more than 15 days ago and denied most of them. Two weeks have passed and the product is still being advertised at the same price. I do not agree that anyone is trying to "stick it to a big bad corporation". WM can always say "No" at product pickup if there is an error in pricing. However, this would be no different than a product being labeled at a certain price on the shelf and at check out the system states that it is another price. In all of my years of shopping the store always honors the shelf price, so how is this any different other than it is all electronic (and thus much easier to remedy)?

This is old news, there was a thread on this. I ordered and during pickup you will get 1 bottle per order.. they had 2 bottles waiting. The manager told me its an error, so i emailed walmart a complaint.. They told me it was not an error.. Clearly they dont seem to understand what I was explaining, I guess English isnt their first language. They told me to order from a different store.. but its not a five minute drive for me.. I have to cross the border to go to a walmart.. the store I tryed to pickup at to argue about it, the assistant manager told me it was wrong and would contact the correct people in Wal Mart about it.. and now its still listed.. Waste your time if you like.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I tried a week or so ago and bought 2 cases then received an email my order was cancelled.

I guess its easier to cancel orders than fix their website..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back