Pennzoil Ultra Euro L . Is it VW 507 or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See link to data sheet for this oil. Looking to use this in my 2012 VW Touareg TDI.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140007054903_20120227110_5.pdf

Notice in the 2nd paragraph it says:

Also suitable for turbo-charged and inter-cooled direct injection high performance diesel engines fitted with
'blow-by' recirculation and exhaust gas recirculation without particulate filters

It also states that it is VW 507 approved. How can this be?

Originally Posted By: PaJohn

Also suitable for turbo-charged and inter-cooled direct injection high performance diesel engines fitted with
'blow-by' recirculation and exhaust gas recirculation without particulate filters

It's a low SAPS oil. In Europe, low SAPS oils can also be used in gasoline cars (so no DPF.)

Si I can use it in my Touareg TDI?

If it meets the spec that your Tourage calls for, I don't see why not.

PaJohn, looks like you are still under warranty on that VW like I am on my Passat TDI. Why not just use the VW-recommended oil, the Castrol LL03 which is what most of the dealers use? Do you still have free maintenance?

Nope, past 36k miles. Just felt like trying something new. Don't always drink the same beer either
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

It's a low SAPS oil. In Europe, low SAPS oils can also be used in gasoline cars (so no DPF.)

^This. And all diesels without DPF. It's fine. The "Also suitable" comment just expands the pool of engines which can use this oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back