Bostitch Mechanics Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw an ad in the Nov 13 issue of POPULAR MECHANICS magazine {page 45) claiming they are available at Walmart with Lifetime Warranty.

Had no interested in buying but stopped to look at them and not impressed. No surprised that they are "made in China".
1/2'' drive ratchet $30 and next to them the Stanley 1/2'' drive ratchet for $19 which looked like a better buy.

What I liked was the Extension Bar set for sockets that had a lock with push button release.

Last edited:
There made in China but look better than most other Chinese tools I've seen at Harbor Freight and other places. I'm a UPS diesel semi mechanic. I have lots of tools at work but nothing fractional at home. I need to buy some decent fractional sockets and combination wrenches to have in my garage.

On that page I see 14 product pictures. Only 5 of those are staplers and 4 are stapler accessories.

"Made in China" Hmmm that is strange. Most of the bostitch tools are made in Taiwan, and pretty good qualty actually.

Dewalt and Bostitch are the same tools. They are Stanley's new upper level mechanics tools, made in taiwan. The quality level should be on par with Kobalt and Husky but not as good as Carlyle or Gearwrench which are probably the best made in taiwan tools you can get. One thing to look out for is that many of the taiwan ratchets, even the higher end ones, come with little or no lube in them. Other than that, they are suprizingly good quality tools most of the time. Stanley has a pretty good mail in warranty system, they rarely even ask you to mail back the broken tool, they just send out a new one for free.

Originally Posted By: AMC
"Made in China" Hmmm that is strange. Most of the bostitch tools are made in Taiwan, and pretty good qualty actually.

Dewalt and Bostitch are the same tools. They are Stanley's new upper level mechanics tools, made in taiwan. The quality level should be on par with Kobalt and Husky but not as good as Carlyle or Gearwrench which are probably the best made in taiwan tools you can get. One thing to look out for is that many of the taiwan ratchets, even the higher end ones, come with little or no lube in them. Other than that, they are suprizingly good quality tools most of the time. Stanley has a pretty good mail in warranty system, they rarely even ask you to mail back the broken tool, they just send out a new one for free.

Just saw some Dewalt ratchets today at SEARS. They were made in Taiwan. They are a quality tool and much better made than the mentioned made in China Bostitch ratchets at Walmart.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3183224#Post3183224

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I thought they were the same, I guess not. I am guessing Bostitch will be stanley's "midgrade" tool line, still made in china but better quality than the regular stanley tool line.

This conversation had me thinking about my recent trip to Sears. So many chinese made tools with the Craftsman stamp on it
smirk.gif

Such a shame.

I guess if you got a lifetime warranty though, it doesn't matter all that much. I just get worried about the poor tolerances in Chinese tools.... I, for one, am not trying to strip everything I work on because the wrenches are slightly oversized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back