how much tcw3 and MMO to mix together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all:) ive read abot using tc3w and have and its wonderful stuff! But with teen temps appraoching here, i v also had good luck with MMO...
I have read too adjust accordingly here.but i dont know how much of each. I do know MMo is 4 ozs per 10 gallons, and tcw3 is 2 ozs per 10 gallons...i normally put 7 1/ gallons in, 98 toyota corolla. how much would i mix of tcw3 and MMO then?? in ozs please..: )

Originally Posted By: ziggy
Hi all:) ive read abot using tc3w and have and its wonderful stuff! But with teen temps appraoching here, i v also had good luck with MMO...
I have read too adjust accordingly here.but i dont know how much of each. I do know MMo is 4 ozs per 10 gallons, and tcw3 is 2 ozs per 10 gallons...i normally put 7 1/ gallons in, 98 toyota corolla. how much would i mix of tcw3 and MMO then?? in ozs please..: )

I can't speak to TCW3. I think the MMO application rate is 1 quart per 1000 miles. Do the math for your vehicle.

And you need both of them why?

I assume you say you put in 7 gallons? So just put in 4 OZ MMO and 2 OZ TCW3.. dont think its that powerful to cause issues at that dose.. I have used 6-12oz of MMO alone in a 07 corolla with no issues.

no no no dave! i add it too my gas* read about it here others like to mix n match, so get bored n tr something new. Bt do remember a memebr here on one of the posts, regarding tcw3 too adjust as necesary, someting like that. so had me thiking, maybe becaue their both kinda UCL's, maybe 1 1/2 ozs of each for 7 gallons? I read, tcw3 must be used correctly in dosage toomuch kills your mileage, too little wont do anything at all.

OK, again, what are you trying to do? What problem are you attempting to fix?

no no no dave! i add it too my gas* read about it here others like to mix n match, so get bored n tr something new. Bt do remember a memebr here on one of the posts, regarding tcw3 too adjust as necesary, someting like that. so had me thiking, maybe becaue their both kinda UCL's, maybe 1 1/2 ozs of each for 7 gallons? I read, tcw3 must be used correctly in dosage toomuch kills your mileage, too little wont do anything at all.

Right, you want to add it to the gas. But the ratio is related to miles and only indirectly to gallons of fuel. So, the MMO folks suggest a quart per 1000 miles. For many smallish 4-cylinder engined vehicles, that might work out to about 1/3 quart (11 fluid ounces) per 12 gallon fuel fill-up, assuming your tank holds about 12 gallons and you can go 333 miles on a tank of gas. You will have to plug in your own numbers, which will probably be different.

As for tcw3, I have no idea. It is sometimes used as an upper cylinder lubricant, but you will have to search the forums and find out how others have used it. I would imagine the dosage rate is much less than when used in 2-cycle engines.

Originally Posted By: dave5358

Right, you want to add it to the gas. But the ratio is related to miles and only indirectly to gallons of fuel. So, the MMO folks suggest a quart per 1000 miles. For many smallish 4-cylinder engined vehicles, that might work out to about 1/3 quart (11 fluid ounces) per 12 gallon fuel fill-up, assuming your tank holds about 12 gallons and you can go 333 miles on a tank of gas. You will have to plug in your own numbers, which will probably be different.

As for tcw3, I have no idea. It is sometimes used as an upper cylinder lubricant, but you will have to search the forums and find out how others have used it. I would imagine the dosage rate is much less than when used in 2-cycle engines.

Typically MMO is added to gas at a rate of 4 ounces/10 gallons of gas. TCW3 is usually used at half that dose. Those are good starting points and many people tweak it from there, usually lowering the amount slightly.

OTOH MMO Inverse Oilers are usually set up to use 1 qt./1,000 miles.

well the tank is 10.5 gallons at a quarter a tank i get 7 1/2 gallons too fill. so i guess your suggessting 4 ozs MMO AND 2 OZS of tc3w as well...

I don't believe using both "full strength" would be a good idea... Too much of a good thing.

You might consider starting with half measures of each (2 MMO & 1 TC-W3) if you're set on experimenting to create a baseline of sorts.

From what I've read, however, they are similar in what they will accomplish: both act as UCLs with cleaning capabilities... The major difference between the 2 is simply price... TC-W3 being cheaper

Interesting approach - would love to hear how you make out

well the tank is 10.5 gallons at a quarter a tank i get 7 1/2 gallons too fill. so i guess your suggessting 4 ozs MMO AND 2 OZS of tc3w as well...

I would not use both together in that concentration. If you want to play around with 7.5 gallons of fuel and mix the two together, try an ounce of TCW3 and maybe an ounce of MMO, or something along those lines.

I'd love to hear what his perceived problem is and what he's trying to accomplish, but apparently he would rather not disclose that information.

Originally Posted By: Finz

MMO = 320:1 ratio to gas
TC-W3 = 640 : 1 ratio to gas

If your going to use both start with this - then adjust for a heavier concentration until your gas MPG starts to degrade ( do NOT use a 50/50 concentration) :
MMO = 1920 : 1 ratio to gas
TC-W3 = 960 : 1 ratio to gas

Use this to calculate gas / TC-W3 / MMO ratios : http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I'd love to hear what his perceived problem is and what he's trying to accomplish, but apparently he would rather not disclose that information.

Originally Posted By: Finz

The use of TC-W3 isn't perceived to be a problem fixer per se'... It is reported to be a very good UCL with cleaning capabilities.

The same is true of MMO

Folks using either routinely have experienced smoother running and increased MPG

Combining both at reasonable levels, would be a very interesting experiment - if for no other reason than to see if they compliment or work against each other

I, for one, would be very interested to see his results

thats what im thinking do a 50/50 mix of each..without risking overdoing it*

I agree with Chris... I believe a 50/50 mix blows through the recommended proportions relative to the volume

OK! aout a week ago, i put 7 and a quarter gallons in shell 87. i added 3 ozs. MMO and 2 ozs of supertech tcw3. the result...too much. 10.5 gallon tank, for the record, 7 and a quarter fills fuel level too top. pistons seemed too movve much faster than the car allowed. DOwn too half a tank. think next imma try 2 ozs. MMO and 2 ozs. valvoline tcw3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back